Brenda Migwalla is an associate in our Debt Finance practice, based in our Dubai office. Brenda has banking, finance, project finance, project development, and Islamic finance experience in oil and gas, energy, and natural resource projects, having advised both lenders and sponsors in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Brenda is South African and English law qualified and has lived and worked in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Before joining White & Case, she worked at a magic circle firm in both Tokyo and Dubai.
Representative examples of Brenda's experience include:
- Representation of NEXI, JBIC, and ADB and commercial lenders on the USD1.8 billion 2x800MW Jawa 1 FSRU and gas-fired IPP project in Indonesia, the first LNG-to-Power project in Asia employing an FSRU*
- Representation of ECAs and Lenders in relation to the proposed multi-billion dollar Rovuma LNG Project in Mozambique*
- Representation of the Sponsor and Borrower in an Islamic corporate financing (Murabaha) and Islamic project financing (Istisna-Ijara) for a district cooling project in Saudi Arabia*
- Representation of the Lenders in connection with the reprofiling of loans for a portfolio of malls, UAE*
- Representation of the Lenders in connection with the amendment and restatement of a US$225 million term loan (with redenomination mechanics for US$150 million)*
- Representation of the Lenders in connection with a AED1.1 billion conventional and Islamic term and revolving credit facilities*
- Representation of the Borrower in connection with short-term, uncommitted, guaranteed revolving credit facilities from 2 Japanese banks, valued at US$10.2 million*
- Representation of the lenders on a US$39 million ECA-backed project financing of a dairy processing facility in Al Ain, UAE*
- Representation of borrower (Nigerian) in connection with a US$39 million hybrid project/corporate financing from DFI Lenders*
- Representation of Qatar Petroleum and Qatar Electricity and Water Company in respect of their equity investment in the 800MW Al Kharsaah photovoltaic (PV) power project (the first large-scale plant in Qatar)*
- Representation of the Lenders on changes to the cash waterfall for a US$100 million project financing of a sewerage network and wastewater treatment facilities in the Emirate of Ajman, United Arab Emirates*
*Prior to joining White & Case