Bryan J. Luchs
A partner in the Firm's Mergers & Acquisitions Group based in New York, Bryan Luchs is an experienced mergers and acquisitions lawyer.
He offers clients the benefit of his knowledge and experience in a diverse range of industries, and his particularly extensive track record in the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology sectors.
Acting on behalf of acquirers, targets, boards of directors, special committees, investors and investment banks, Bryan engages in complex domestic and cross-border deals, both negotiated and unsolicited, and in public and private transactions.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC in its US$2.65 billion acquisition of the US-based generic drugs businesses, Roxane Laboratories and Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane, from German drug maker Boehringer Ingelheim;
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC in its acquisition of assets relating to a portfolio of six injectable products for commercialization in certain European markets from Pfizer;
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: LNTH) in the pending acquisition of Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: PGNX);
- Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE and SIX: ZMH), a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions, in its US$14 billion deal to acquire Biomet, Inc., one of the world's leading medical device manufacturers;
- Roivant Sciences Ltd. on several portfolio company transactions;
- Certares LP, a private equity group with a focus in the travel, transportation and hospitality industry, in the acquisition of 50 percent of the equity of AmaWaterways, a premium European river cruise operator;
- Certares LP in its acquisition of Guardian Alarm, a super-regional security provider;
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of GFI Group Inc., (NYSE: GFIG), the New York brokerage and clearing house, in the successful completion of a tender offer by BGC Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ: BGCP), a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets, for the outstanding shares of GFI, resulting in an equity value of approximately US$780 million and an enterprise value of US$1 billion. The transaction marks one of the most complex hostile M&A transactions;
- J.F. Hillebrand USA Holding, Inc., a portfolio company of Cobepa SA (the Belgian investment company), in its acquisition of a majority of the outstanding equity interests of Satellite Logistics Group, a leading beverage supply chain logistics business;
- Sony Corporation of America in its US$2.2 billion acquisition of EMI Music Publishing with a consortium of acquirors;
- Nordic Capital, DLJ Merchant Banking, Avista Capital and other private equity sponsors in their US$1.525 billion sale of Fougera Pharmaceuticals to Sandoz; and
- Nestlé México, SA de CV in its acquisition of a majority stake in Terrafertil, a company selling natural, organic, plant-based foods and healthy snacks.