Bryan J. Luchs
A partner in the Firm's Mergers & Acquisitions Group based in New York, Bryan Luchs is an experienced mergers and acquisitions lawyer.
He offers clients the benefit of his knowledge and experience in a diverse range of industries, and his particularly extensive track record in the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology sectors.
Bryan is listed as a "Leading Lawyer" for M&A in the United States by Euromoney (2020).
Acting on behalf of acquirers, targets, boards of directors, special committees, investors and investment banks, Bryan engages in complex domestic and cross-border deals, both negotiated and unsolicited, and in public and private transactions.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- FS Development Corp. (NASDAQ: FSDC), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in its US$216 million business combination with Gemini Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical stage precision medicine company developing treatments for genetically defined age-related macular degeneration.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: LNTH) in its acquisition of Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: PGNX).
- Roche Diagnostics Corp. in the sale of Roche Health Solutions Inc. to CardioNet, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of BioTelemetry, Inc.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC in its US$2.65 billion acquisition of the US-based generic drugs businesses, Roxane Laboratories and Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane, from German drug maker Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC in its acquisition of assets relating to a portfolio of six injectable products for commercialization in certain European markets from Pfizer.
- Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE and SIX: ZMH), a world leader in musculoskeletal health solutions, in its US$14 billion deal to acquire Biomet, Inc., one of the world's leading medical device manufacturers.
- Omnicare, Inc. in its US$12.7 billion acquisition by CVS Health, as well as Omnicare's prior US$1.8 billion unsolicited acquisition of NeighborCare Inc. and US$460 million unsolicited acquisition of NCS HealthCare, Inc.
- Sony Corporation of America in its US$2.2 billion acquisition of EMI Music Publishing with a consortium of acquirors; acquisition of the 50% interest in Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC held by the Estate of Michael Jackson.
- King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its US$1.6 billion unsolicited acquisition of Alpharma Inc.
- Roivant Sciences Ltd. on several portfolio company transactions.
- Certares LP, a private equity group with a focus in the travel, transportation and hospitality industry, in the acquisition of 50 percent of the equity of AmaWaterways, a premium European river cruise operator; and in its acquisition of Guardian Alarm, a super-regional security provider.
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of GFI Group Inc., (NYSE: GFIG), the New York brokerage and clearing house, in the successful completion of a tender offer by BGC Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ: BGCP), a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets, for the outstanding shares of GFI, resulting in an equity value of approximately US$780 million and an enterprise value of US$1 billion. The transaction marks one of the most complex hostile M&A transactions.
- J.F. Hillebrand USA Holding, Inc., a portfolio company of Cobepa SA (the Belgian investment company), in its acquisition of a majority of the outstanding equity interests of Satellite Logistics Group, a leading beverage supply chain logistics business.
- Nordic Capital, DLJ Merchant Banking, Avista Capital and other private equity sponsors in their US$1.525 billion sale of Fougera Pharmaceuticals to Sandoz.
- Nestlé México, SA de CV in its acquisition of a majority stake in Terrafertil, a company selling natural, organic, plant-based foods and healthy snacks.
Leading Lawyer for M&A in the United States, Euromoney, 2020