Carlos Daroca is a partner in the Firm's Global Corporate/M&A and Private Equity Group in Madrid.
He has participated in many of the most significant Private Equity and Real Estate transactions executed in Spain over the last twenty years. Carlos has extensive national and international experience representing companies, funds and credit entities on a wide range of transactions and corporate matters. Carlos has been recommended for Private Equity / M&A in legal directories and was nominated to Iberian Lawyer's "Best 40 under 40" awards.
He is a recommended lawyer for Corporate/M&A in prestigious legal benchmarks such as Chambers & Partners in Europe. He is a professor of Contract Law at IE University (Madrid).
Some representative examples of Carlos' recent transactions are advising:
- Representation of Aramco, one of the world's largest integrated energy and chemical companies, in its acquisition of Valvoline Inc.'s (NYSE: VVV) global products business for US$2.65 billion, subject to customary post-closing adjustments.
- Tink, a leading open banking platform provider, which enables banks, fintechs and start-ups to develop data-driven financial services, on its sale to Visa for €1.7 billion.
- BTS Group, a Swedish listed company specializing in business strategy development services, on their acquisition of Netmind, a digital solutions group based in Spain.
- Asea Brown Boveri, S.A., a subsidiary of Swiss multinational ABB Ltd., in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Asti Mobile Robotics Group, S.L., a leading global autonomous mobile robot manufacturer headquartered in Burgos, Spain.
- Nestlé Health Science on its acquisition of a business from Italian Dr. Schär AG. The acquisition, made by Nestlé's business unit Vitaflo, is for the Mevalia and ComidaMed brands that address inborn errors of metabolism and cow's milk protein allergy. The deal includes an entity in Italy, a manufacturing facility in Germany as well as further business assets in, among others, the UK, Russia and Spain.
- Espiga Capital on the divestment from Union de Industrias CA.
- Arjun Infrastructure Partners, an independent asset management company dedicated to infrastructure investments, on its acquisition of 49% of CI III Monegros Energy Holdco SLU, which is the owner of 12 onshore wind farms with a total installed capacity of 487 MW located in Aragon, Spain, from Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners.
- Nestlé S.A. in connection with its agreement to sell a 60% stake of Herta to Casa Tarradellas. Nestlé and Casa Tarradellas will create a joint venture for Herta with their respective stakes of 40% and 60%. The joint venture includes Herta charcuterie (cold cuts and meat-based products) available in six European countries, as well as the Herta dough business in France and Belgium.
- WAG payment solutions, a.s. (Eurowag), a European leading mobility solutions provider and a registered EETS provider, in its acquisition of a majority stake in ADS, a top road haulage fuel card operator in Spain and Portugal. The acquisition adds a strong presence on the Iberian transportation market to Eurowag capabilities, giving the company a significant position in the fuel sales completed to Portuguese carriers, and further increasing Eurowag portfolio in Spain. By completing this transaction Eurowag consolidated sales will reach €2 bn in 2018.
- Samsung in the acquisition of the Spanish company Zhilabs, S.L., a company engaged in the business of network analytics for telecoms.
- Ciech S.A., a leading company in the chemical sector in Central and Eastern Europe, on the €44.6 million acquisition of 100% of the shares of Proplan Plant Protection Company, S.L., a Spanish supplier of plant protection products.
- Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., acting via their subsidiary Promontoria Holding 202 B.V. (as a borrower), in connection with Promontoria's acquisition and financing of a portfolio of commercial loans in Germany, Finland, the Netherlands and Denmark from HSH Nordbank AG. Morgan Stanley Bank, N.A. acted as (i) the fronting bank under a trust arrangement in respect of a loan which was unable to transfer from HSH to a non-financial institution either legally or via traditional sub-participation and (ii) lender under the senior facilities agreement.
- Nomura in connection with the refinancing of non-performing loans (NPL) made up of predominantly residential portfolio of properties in Spain. The unerlying sponsor of the borrower/guarantor is Bain Capital.
- Purchase and sale of shopping centers: practical issues from a legal point of view. Diario la Ley, 2016.
- Market Standards in M&A and Private Equity transactions. Usual loopholes. Diario la Ley, 2015.
- The Private Equity Review 2012, London: Law Business Research, 2013, Kirk August Radke (Editor)
- The Private Equity Review 2011, London: Law Business Research, 2012, Kirk August Radke (Editor)
- Private Equity: legal aspects, challenges and trends, AA. VV. Cizur Menor (Navarra): Aranzadi, 2012
- Next Generation Partner: The Legal 500 2021
- Recommended (Band 4): Chambers and Partners Global 2021
- Recommended (Band 4): Chambers and Partners Europe 2021