Clint's practice involves the representation of clients in a wide range of both domestic and international transactional matters, including project development, mergers and acquisitions, energy transactions, private equity investments, joint ventures, and cross-border transactions. He also advises clients on corporate governance matters and deal structures relating to acquisitions, divestitures and exit strategies. Clint has experience representing both public and private companies, including strategic and financial investors, in a variety of industries.
After graduating from law school, Clint was a law clerk for the Honorable William J. Martínez of the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
Minor in Energy Technology and Management
Clint's recent experience includes the representation of:
- Continental Resources, Inc., in its US$3.25 billion acquisition of certain entities and assets in the Permian Basin from affiliates of Pioneer Natural Resources Company (NYSE: PXD).
- EnCap Investments L.P. on its sale of a 50 percent stake in Broad Reach Power LLC to affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO).
- One of the largest energy companies in the United States in connection with the development of carbon capture projects in the United States and in multiple other countries across the world.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY), the largest shareholder of NET Power LLC, a clean energy technology company, on Net Power's US$1.459 billion business combination with Rice Acquisition Corp. II (NYSE: RONI), a special purpose acquisition company.
- One of the largest global energy companies on a wide range of international and domestic transactions and project development matters.
- EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE: EOG), in its US$140 million sale of certain entities and upstream oil and gas assets in China to Roc Oil Company Pty Ltd., an international oil and gas company and subsidiary of Fosun International Limited.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation (NYSE: MIC) in its US$2.685 billion sale of International-Matex Tank Terminals, a bulk liquid terminals business, to Riverstone Holdings LLC.
- Priority Power Management, LLC, an independent energy management services and consulting firm, in its acquisition of Satori Enterprises LLC (d/b/a Satori Energy), a leading energy consulting firm.
- Sole Source Capital, an industrial-focused private equity firm, in its platform acquisition of Dallas Plastics.
- Landcadia Holdings II, a special purpose acquisition company, in its cash and stock acquisition of Golden Nugget Online Gaming, one of the nation's leading online casinos, from Landry's Fertitta, part of the Landry's group of restaurant and hospitality businesses. The transaction values Golden Nugget Online Gaming at US$745 million.
- One of the largest energy projects on the African continent regarding gas supply, condensate processing and other related agreements.
- Chevron Corporation (formerly Noble Energy) in a major LNG sale and purchase agreement with an affiliate of Gunvor Group Ltd.
Dean's Achievement Awards in Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate Law Drafting and Negotiations