Cristina Riva is an associate in the Milan office and practices in the areas of Corporate and M&A.
Cristina advises clients on the full spectrum of M&A transactions including joint ventures, cross-border and Italian public and private M&A deals. Cristina regularly represents domestic and international corporate clients and private equity funds on corporate governance, domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, commercial contracts, in relation to a wide range of sectors, including manufacture, banking, credit collection, energy, food and beverage, fashion, textile, design, entertainment, beauty and retail.
Prior to joining White & Case, she practiced in a major Italian law firm.
- BC Partners and SOFIMA in connection with the mandatory tender offer on all the outstanding shares of IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €946 million.
- Independent UK investment firm Peninsula Capital in connection with its acquisition, through an investment vehicle jointly controlled by Peninsula and Azimut Libera Impresa SGR S.p.A., of a 75 percent stake in D.M.O. Pet Care s.r.l., a leading Italian pet food and care retail chain operating under the brand 'Isola dei Tesori'.
- BC Partners in connection with its acquisition of a 19 percent stake of SOFIMA, the holding company that controls IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €1.4 billion. White & Case also advised on the financing, capital markets and regulatory aspects of the transaction.
- Compagnie Benelux Participations SA, a Belgian company, in connection with the sale to Luxempart S.A., a Luxembourg company, of a minority interest owned by Compagnie Benelux Participations SA in Enoflex S.p.A.
- Victoria PLC, a UK-based multinational company operating in the flooring sector and listed on the London Stock Exchange's AIM market, in connection with the acquisition of Ceramiche Ascot S.p.A., the second Italian ceramic company to join the group.
- TCP Lux Eurinvest, controlled by the private equity fund Trilantic Europe, in connection with the €111.8 million sale of 28.67 percent of the Italian listed company Gamenet to Gamma Bidco, controlled by Apollo Global Management Inc.
- Progressio SGR S.p.A. in connection with the acquisition from Polenghi Group S.p.A. of a minority shareholding in Polenghi Food S.p.A. In addition, we also assisted in the structuring of the corporate governance arrangements relating to Polenghi Food S.p.A.