David is a local partner in the Firm's Frankfurt office. He primarily advises on cross-border mergers, acquisitions and venture capital financings.
His practice consists of three pillars: German, US/UK and international M&A transactions.
David actively advises European corporate clients, fast growth companies, PE houses, and sovereign wealth funds in connection with cross-border mergers, acquisitions and venture capital financings. In his practice, he helps global clients navigate the intricacies of fundraising, investing and operating in the consumer discretionary, life sciences, robotics, and software industries.
Prior to joining White & Case, David gathered M&A experience as an associate in the Frankfurt office of an international law firm.
Representation of Starship Technologies, a leading provider of autonomous delivery services, on a new Series C funding round co-led by the Estonian-UK VC firm Plural and London-based investor Iconical.
Representation of ABB on its (i) separation of Accelleron (formerly ABB Turbocharging), a global leader in turbocharging technologies and optimization solutions for 0.5 to 80+ MW engines with a presence in 50 countries, from the ABB group in preparation of its US2.7 billion spin-off and listing on SIX Swiss Exchange; (ii) acquisition of the PowerTech Converter business, a leading supplier of auxiliary power converter solutions for light rail vehicles and metros, from the PTC Group; (iii) acquisition of Dublin-headquartered Cylon Controls Limited, which provides building automation and HVAC control solutions through its operations in China, Germany, Ireland, the UK and the US; and (iv) acquisition of 100% of the shares of Asti Mobile Robotics Group, S.L., a leading global autonomous mobile robot manufacturer headquartered in Burgos, Spain.
Representation of Nestlé in connection with several transactions, including (i) the creation of a joint venture with Casa Tarradellas, with their respective stakes 40% and 60%, to include the Herta charcuterie (cold cuts and meat-based products) which is available in six European countries and the Herta dough business in France and Belgium, (ii) the sale and transfer by Nestlé Waters of all shares in a joint venture in Ethiopia to local partners, and (iii) the sale of its dairy and waters businesses in Uzbekistan to the France-based Lactalis group.
Gasmet Technologies Oy
Representation of Swedish investor Alder Fund I AB in connection with several transactions, including (i) the acquisition by its portfolio company Gasmet Technologies Oy of Austria-based MonitoringSystems GmbH, and (ii) the sale of Gasmet Technologies Oy to Nederman Holding AB.
Representation of Daimler on the acquisition of British electro motor specialist YASA Ltd.
Representation of JOST Werke AG, a leading global producer and supplier of safety-critical systems for the commercial vehicle industry, on the sale of the Edbro hydraulic cylinders business to Enact and its fund manager Endless LLP.
Representation of Panasonic Corporation on the German aspects of its (i) 20% strategic equity investment in Blue Yonder, a leading end-to-end digital fulfilment platform provider and (ii) acquisition of the remaining 80% of the capital stock interests of Blue Yonder, at an enterprise value of US$8.5 billion on a cash-free, debt-free basis.
Fast Growth Matters
Representation of Gorillas on its sale to Getir, a US$1.2 billion deal involving two of the largest on-demand grocery delivery players in the world.
Starship Technologies Holdings, Inc, a leading San Francisco-headquartered company that provides autonomous robot delivery services, on its US$42 million Series B equity financing round
Representation of wefox Holding AG, a leading pan-European digital insurance business and insurance distribution platform, on the preparation, execution and closing of its US$650 million Series C financing.
Representation of Bardeen Inc, a leading San Francisco-headquartered company that provides a no-code automation tool that streamlines workflow and automates repetitive tasks, on its US$18.8 million Series A equity financing round.
Qatar Investment Authority
Representation of Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) on its participation in the (i) US$370 million Series B financing of Generate Biomedicines, Inc.; (i) US$200 million Series C financing of Nutcracker Therapeutics; (ii) US$300 million Series C financing of Age of Learning; (iii) US$160 million Series C financing of Century Therapeutics, (iv) US$116 million Series B financing of Entrada Therapeutics Inc. and (v) US$230 million Series B fundraising and US$289 million Series C fundraising of Tessera Therapeutics, Inc.
Abu Dhabi Catalyst Partners
Representation of Abu Dhabi Catalyst Partners in its participation in the Series B Funding round for Securrency, Inc., a leading developer of institutional-grade blockchain-based financial and regulatory technology.