Dominic Ross is a partner in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London.
Dominic regularly advises both corporate clients, financial sponsors and investment banks on a wide variety of M&A (including de-SPAC), Takeover Code and Listing Rule transactions and equity capital raisings, as well as corporate governance matters.
Dominic has a particular focus on large, complex, cross border M&A transactions involving UK public companies. Dominic also has sector expertise in the healthcare, gaming and consumer and retail industries.
- Representation of Avast plc, the FTSE100 global leader in digital security and privacy, on its proposed US$9.2 billion merger with NortonLifeLock Inc. which is being structured by as a takeover of Avast by NortonLifeLock.
- Representation of Aroundtown SA on its €1.57 billion takeover offer for Globalworth Real Estate Investments Limited as part of a consortium with CPI Property Group S.A.
- Representation of Advanz Pharma on its $846 million takeover by Nordic Capital
- Representation of Avon Rubber p.l.c. on over US$500 million in cross-border deals including its acquisition of 3M's ballistic business, the sale of its milkrite | InterPuls business to DeLaval, and most recently the acquisition of Team Wendy, a leading supplier of helmets, for US$130 million
- Representation of Wm Morrison Supermarkets on a wide range of matters, including the entry into its new long term agreement with Amazon and recent amendments to its long term arrangements with Ocado
- Representation of Takeda on over US$1.5 billion of portfolio disposals including the disposal of a LATAM portfolio to Hypera Pharma, a NEMEA portfolio to Acino and a Russia/CIS portfolio to Stada
- Representation of Angelini, the Italian pharma and consumer healthcare group on its acquisition of ThermaCare, a medical manufacturer, from GlaxoSmithKline
- Representation of Strategic Value Partners on it successful €750 million takeover of Polish public company Pfleiderer Group S.A.
- Representation of Berendsen plc on its £2 billion takeover by Elis SA, with the consideration comprising a mixture of cash and shares*
- Representation of Cape plc on its £300 million takeover by Altrad*
- Representation of Vectura Group plc on its £440 million merger with SkyePharma plc*
- Representation of Gala Coral on its £2.3 billion merger with Ladbrokes, structured by way of reverse takeover*
- Representation of Xchanging plc on its competitive takeover process, involving Capita, Apollo, CSC, and Ebix, and which resulted in CSC acquiring Xchanging for £480 million*
- Representation of various clients before the Takeover Panel's Hearings Committee and Appeal Board
ECM and Listing Rule Transactions
- RBC as sponsor to Premier Oil on its reverse takeover by Chrysaor
- Time Out on its £140 million IPO*
- OneSavings Bank on its £140 million IPO*
- Merlin Entertainments on its £1 billion IPO*
- Advising BAML as sponsor to Shell on its merger with BG*
- Advising Morgan Stanley as sponsor to Paddy Power on its merger with Betfair*
*Matters worked on prior to joining White & Case.
Trends in UK Public M&A 2019 H1, LexisNexis Market Tracker Trend Report
Trends in UK Public M&A 2018, LexisNexis Market Tracker Trend Report
Practical Law: Reverse takeovers: stepping through the looking glass (November 2015)
"A top firm. Really strong, they stand out from their competitor firms."
M&A: Upper mid-market and premium deals UK Legal 500 2020
Legal 500 (2019/20) – Recommended for M&A – upper mid-market and premium deals
IFLR – M&A Rising Star