Dominic Ross is a partner in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London.
Dominic regularly advises both corporate clients, financial sponsors and investment banks on a wide variety of M&A, Takeover Code and Listing Rule transactions and equity capital raisings, as well as corporate governance matters.
Dominic has a particular focus on large, complex, cross border M&A transactions involving UK public companies. Dominic also has sector expertise in the healthcare, gaming and consumer and retail industries.
- Representation of Angelini, the Italian pharma and consumer healthcare group on its acquisition of ThermaCare, a medical manufacturer, from GlaxoSmithKline
- Representation of Takeda on its agreement to sell a select portfolio over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceutical products in LATAM, to Hypera Pharma, Brazil’s largest pharmaceutical company, for a total value of US$825 million.
- Advising Strategic Value Partners on it successful €750 million takeover of Polish public company Pfleiderer Group S.A.
Advising Avon Rubber p.l.c. on an aggregate of approximately US$500 million in cross-border deals including its acquisition of 3M’s ballistic business, the sale of its milkrite | InterPuls business to DeLaval, and most recently the acquisition of Team Wendy, a leading supplier of helmets, for US$130 million.
- Advising Takeda on its agreement to sell a portfolio of OTC and prescription pharmaceutical assets in the NEMEA region to Acino for a total value in excess of US$200 million
- Advising Takeda on its agreement to sell a portfolio of OTC and prescription pharmaceutical assets in the Russia/CIS region to Stada for a total value of US$660 million
- Advising Wm Morrison Supermarkets on a wide range of matters, including the entry into its new long term agreement with Amazon and recent amendments to its long term arrangements with Ocado
- Advising Berendsen plc on its £2 billion takeover by Elis SA, with the consideration comprising a mixture of cash and shares*
- Advising Cape plc on its £300 million takeover by Altrad*
- Advising Vectura Group plc on its £440 million merger with SkyePharma plc*
- Advising Gala Coral on its £2.3 billion merger with Ladbrokes, structured by way of reverse takeover*
- Advising Xchanging plc on its competitive takeover process, involving Capita, Apollo, CSC, and Ebix, and which resulted in CSC acquiring Xchanging for £480 million*
- Representing various clients before the Takeover Panel's Hearings Committee and Appeal Board
ECM and Listing Rule Transactions*
- Time Out on its £140 million IPO
- OneSavings Bank on its £140 million IPO
- Merlin Entertainments on its £1 billion IPO
- Advising BAML as sponsor to Shell on its merger with BG
- Advising Morgan Stanley as sponsor to Paddy Power on its merger with Betfair
*Matters worked on prior to joining White & Case.
Trends in UK Public M&A 2019 H1, LexisNexis Market Tracker Trend Report
Trends in UK Public M&A 2018, LexisNexis Market Tracker Trend Report
Practical Law: Reverse takeovers: stepping through the looking glass (November 2015)
"A top firm. Really strong, they stand out from their competitor firms."
M&A: Upper mid-market and premium deals UK Legal 500 2020
Legal 500 (2019/20) – Recommended for M&A – upper mid-market and premium deals
IFLR – M&A Rising Star