Hongru is an associate in the Firm's Global White Collar Practice Group.
Hongru focuses his practice on corporate compliance matters, government and internal investigations as well as economic sanctions and export control matters.
Prior to joining the Firm, Hongru worked in another international law firm in New York. He was a judicial intern for the Honorable Glenn T. Harrell at the Maryland Court of Appeals. He also interned at the Attorney General Office for the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C.
Hongru's experience prior to joining White & Case include representation of:
- The Audit Committee of a US listed company in its internal investigation of certain whistleblower reports.
- An Asian food company in its internal investigation in response to a US DOJ criminal probe.
- Asian technology companies in multi-jurisdiction securities class actions.
- An Asian conglomerate in a merger contract dispute.
- Major Chinese banks in response to investigations brought by US OFAC and New York DFS.
- A Canadian rating agency in an SEC investigation.