Ioana Gaga is a member of the White & Case Italian practice. Her principal areas of practice are Corporate and M&A, Private Equity, Debt Capital Markets and Debt Finance including advising on securitizations and other structured finance products. Ioana started her working experience in White & Case as a legal intern in September 2017.
Corporate and M&A
- BC Partners LLP in connection with its co-controlling investment, together with US global private investment firm Bain Capital Private Equity, in Fedrigoni S.p.A.
- Esselunga Group in connection with the €435 million acquisition from UniCredit of 32.5 percent of the share capital of La Villata S.p.A. Immobiliare di Investimento e Sviluppo, the real estate holding company of Esselunga Group which owns more than 80 buildings used by Esselunga as stores of GDO. Through this acquisition Esselunga Group acquires full control of La Villata S.p.A
- Independent UK investment firm Peninsula Capital in connection with its acquisition of Isem S.r.l., a leading European company in the luxury packaging sector and one of the few to offer an integrated logistics service that counts among its customers world-leading groups such as L'Oreal, KIKO, Shiseido and Coty.
- Datalogic S.p.A and Hydra S.p.A. in connection with the proposed acquisition of 100 percent of the share capital of MD Microdetectors S.p.A. from Finmasi di Marcello Masi S.A.p.A., company operating in the industrial automation sector, with a target value of €37 million on a debt free/ cash free basis.
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Hippocrates Holding, an Italian pharmacy group, from its co-founders and other shareholders.
- BC Partners in connection with its acquisition of a 19 percent stake of SOFIMA, the holding company that controls IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €1.4 billion. White & Case also advised on the financing, capital markets and regulatory aspects of the transaction.
- Cobepa, a privately-held investment company, in connection with the execution of a strategic agreement with the shareholders of Enoplastic, a leading global player in the manufacturing of closures for the wine & spirits industry.
- DentalPro, controlled by the private equity fund BC Partners, in connection with its acquisition (with co-investor Coop Alleanza 3.0), of a majority interest in I.Denticoop S.r.l., an Italian group of dental clinics.
- A pool of lenders including Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A., Banco BPM S.p.A., Banca Popolare di Sondrio S.C.p.A. and Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A. in connection with a €37.5 million term loan financing to Il Sole 24 Ore S.p.A. guaranteed by SACE S.p.A. under Article 1 of the Italian Liquidity Decree.
- Autogrill S.p.A., the world's leading provider of food & beverage services for travellers, in connection with its €600 million rights issue.