Ioana Gaga is a member of the White & Case Italian practice. Her principal areas of practice are Corporate and M&A, Private Equity, Debt Capital Markets and Debt Finance including advising on securitizations and other structured finance products. Ioana started her working experience in White & Case as a legal intern in September 2017.
Corporate and M&A
- Kobalt Music Group Limited in connection with an agreement to divest its recorded music operations, including AWAL, a leading provider of services to independent recording artists, and Kobalt Neighbouring Rights, its global neighbouring rights agent, to Sony Music Entertainment.
- Datalogic S.p.A and Hydra S.p.A. in connection with the proposed acquisition of 100 percent of the share capital of MD Microdetectors S.p.A. from Finmasi di Marcello Masi S.A.p.A., company operating in the industrial automation sector, with a target value of €37 million on a debt free/ cash free basis.
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Hippocrates Holding, an Italian pharmacy group, from its co-founders and other shareholders.
- BC Partners in connection with its acquisition of a 19 percent stake of SOFIMA, the holding company that controls IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €1.4 billion. White & Case also advised on the financing, capital markets and regulatory aspects of the transaction.
- Italian pharma and consumer healthcare group Angelini in connection with its worldwide acquisition, outside North America, of ThermaCare from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). The acquisition is a key transaction in relation to the creation of the GSK/Pfizer JV for Consumer Health.
- Cobepa, a privately-held investment company, in connection with the execution of a strategic agreement with the shareholders of Enoplastic, a leading global player in the manufacturing of closures for the wine & spirits industry.
- DentalPro, controlled by the private equity fund BC Partners, in connection with its acquisition (with co-investor Coop Alleanza 3.0), of a majority interest in I.Denticoop S.r.l., an Italian group of dental clinics.
- A pool of lenders including Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A., Banco BPM S.p.A., Banca Popolare di Sondrio S.C.p.A. and Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena S.p.A. in connection with a €37.5 million term loan financing to Il Sole 24 Ore S.p.A. guaranteed by SACE S.p.A. under Article 1 of the Italian Liquidity Decree.
- Pro-Gest and its subsidiaries in connection with the management of the Pro-Gest Group debt positions (including bank loans, HY bonds and minibonds).
- Gamenet Group S.p.A. in connection with the issuance of its €225 million Senior Secured Guaranteed Floating Rate Notes due 2023.The notes have been offered and sold pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S under the Securities Act and listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. The proceeds were used to finance the acquisition of GoldBet S.r.l.