Joyce is an associate in White & Case's Global International Trade Practice Group in the Houston office. Joyce primarily assists clients in understanding complex legal regimes governing the international trade of goods and services, and cross-border investments. In her practice, Joyce routinely advises clients on matters related to compliance with export controls and economic sanctions laws and regulations administered by the US Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC); the US Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and the US State Department's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). Joyce also represents clients in national security reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
Joyce's early experience with large-scale energy transactions contributes to her understanding of complex commercial issues related to international trade. Her experience also includes evaluating and enhancing sanctions and export control compliance policies, procedures, and training for clients spanning a wide array of industries.
Prior to joining White & Case, Joyce was an associate in the Houston office of another leading global law firm.
Joyce graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Business from the University of Colorado Colorado Springs before graduating Order of the Coif from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
University of Denver
Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States
- Represented a US aviation company in connection with planned acquisition by Chinese company.*
- Advised a major state-owned oil company in connection with planned investment in US petrochemical project.*
- Counseled a US LNG company in connection with planned investment by state- owned energy oil company.*
Export controls and sanctions
- Represented a US-based oilfield services company on due diligence and other matters related to export controls, sanctions, and antiboycott laws.*
- Represented numerous energy clients on sanctions compliance and export control matters with respect to large scale energy infrastructure transactions.*
- Prepared and filed license applications to the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS).*
- Coordinated with OFAC and BIS with respect to licensing and enforcement-related matters on behalf of clients.*
- Represented clients in the drafting and negotiation of international trade provisions of agreements in complex commercial transactions.*
- Counseled clients on trade related issues associated with private equity investment.*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case.