Marc Petitier is a partner in the EMEA Mergers & Acquisitions team.
He is a renowned corporate lawyer having more than 20 years’ experience representing clients in all manner of M&A, including public and private M&A deals, sales and joint ventures primarily belonging to the jumbo-cap to mid-cap market segments. Marc also advises his clients in connection with corporate governance strategy and issues.
Native in French and fluent in English, Marc is at ease navigating both domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions on behalf of multinational clients, including investment banks, entrepreneurs, industrials, listed and non-listed companies, from all sectors notably highly regulated ones. Recently, Marc has demonstrated particular strength in the financial, banking and insurance sectors, as well as in tech/fintech, energy and infrastructure sectors.
Marc has also gained a significant experience in Africa-related deals.
Marc joined the Firm in December 2020 from an international law firm in Paris, where he was a partner. During his career, he has been on secondment for a law firm in London office and to J.P Morgan. Previously he worked as an associate at an investment relations consultancy in London.
Marc has advised on some of the most significant corporate transactions, including:
- Pegasus Entrepreneurs and its sponsors Tikehau Capital, Financière Agache, CEO Pierre Cuilleret, Jean-Pierre Mustier and Diego De Giorgi in connection with its de-SPACing with FL Entertainment, a global entertainment group comprising Banijay Group and Betclic Everest Group, that will result in the listing of FL Entertainment on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Macquarie Asset Management, in a consortium with British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI) and MEAG Munich Ergo Assetmanagement GmbH (MEAG), on its €2.5 billion EV acquisition of Reden Solar, from InfraVia Capital Partners and Eurazeo.
- The Board of Directors of ENGIE on the entry of ENGIE into exclusive negotiations with Bouygues for the sale of EQUANS, the global multi-technical services leader for EUR7.1Bn.
- Macif in connection with its majority investment in Crédit Expert, specialized in real estate credit brokerage.
- Korian, the leading European care services group for elderly and fragile people, in its entry into an agreement to sell its 50% equity interest in a long term care facility located in Ville-La-Grand, France, to existing shareholder DomusVi.
- Korian, the leading European care services group for elderly and vulnerable people, on its entry into exclusive negotiations with Colisée to sell 21 facilities and Vivalto Vie to sell 11 facilities.
- RTL Group in connection with the proposed combination between Groupe TF1 and Groupe M6.
- Aéma Groupe, a leading French mutual insurer formed through the combination of Macif Group and Aésio Mutuelle, on the acquisition of Aviva France for EUR3.2 billion.
- Activa Capital, an independent private equity firm focused on mid-sized French companies, and the senior management team of Active Assurances Group, on the sale of Active Assurances Group to Meilleurtaux Group.
- Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations on the sale of its minority stakes held in three biomass plants (Kogeban, Cogénération Biomasse d'Estrées-Mons et Cogénération Biomasse de Novillars) to PEARL Infrastructure Capital.
- Chedid Capital, a financial holding company dedicated to investing in the insurance and reinsurance sectors, on its acquisition of the majority stake in Ascoma Assurances Conseils from the Husson family.
- Catella AB on the sale of its majority shareholding in French subsidiary Catella Asset Management SAS to Arkea Investment Services.
- Engie on the agreement with EDPR to create a co-controlled 50/50 joint-venture in fixed and floating offshore wind. (2020)*
- Silgan on the USD900m acquisition of the dispensing business of Albéa. (2020)*
- Arise in connection with the acquisition of a stake in Arise P&L by A.P. Møller Capital. (2020)*
- Engie New Business on the investment in tiko Energy Solutions AG. (2019)*
- JPMorgan, acting along Natixis, as sponsoring banks, on the takeover offer made by Searchlight for Latecoère. (2019)*
- GBL on the acquisition of Webhelp from KKR for EUR2.4billion. (2019)*
- The founder, shareholders and managers of Magnolia on the LBO sponsored by private equity house Qualium Investissement. (2019)*
- Catella on the creation of Catella Hospitality Europe. (2019)*
*Transactions worked on prior to joining White & Case
Regularly speaks at industry events, including at the 2019 Paris Fintech forum on Tech M&A, the 2018 Sino-European Entrepreneurs Summit in Paris on a panel about the integration of the regional strengths of China, Europe and Africa and at the 2017 Africa Investments Forum & Awards about M&A, investments and private equity in Francophone Africa
Articles: "Dividends in lock-down: the challenges for shareholders" (Revue Banque); "Africa: how to adapt to the new deal: invest, protect and develop" (Fusions & Acquisitions, March 2017)