Mitchell is a law clerk in the Firm's Tax practice. Mitchell advises clients on a broad range of corporate, partnership, and international tax matters, including structuring, and providing tax advice on, complex domestic and cross-border business transactions, tax-free reorganizations, and securities offerings.
Mitchell also assists clients with international tax planning and provides advice on various international tax issues, including controlled foreign corporations, FIRPTA, foreign currency exchange, and investments by foreign investors in the United States.
Recent transactions include representation of:
- Panasonic Corp. in its US$8.5 billion acquisition of the remaining 80 percent of the capital stock interests of Blue Yonder, a leading end-to-end, digital fulfillment platform provider.
- VPC Impact Acquisition Holdings III, Inc. (NYSE: VPCC), a SPAC sponsored by Victory Park Capital, in its US$4 billion business combination with Dave Inc., a financial platform.
- Falcon Capital Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: FCAC), a SPAC, in its US$3.9 billion business combination with Sharecare, Inc., a digital health company based in Georgia.
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming, Inc. (NASDAQ: GNOG) and the Special Committee of its Board of Directors in the US$1.56 billion acquisition of GNOG by DraftKings Inc., a leading digital sports entertainment and gaming company.
- Siemplify, an Israeli cybersecurity and security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) provider, in its sale to Google LLC.
- Vox Media Holdings, Inc., one of the nation's leading media production companies, in its stock-for-stock business combination with Group Nine Media, Inc., another prominent media production company.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), a global investment group managing funds for public retirement and insurance plans, in its acquisition of a majority ownership in Wizeline, Inc., a global technology services provider.
- Advance Stores Company, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider), in its acquisition of the DieHard brand from Transform Holdco LLC, a leading integrated retailer.
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in the US$1.25 billion acquisition of Veolia Group's district energy assets in the United States, which is comprised of steam, hot and chilled water and electricity production plants, including cogeneration plants, and 13 networks in 10 US cities.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: LNTH), a leader in the development, manufacture and commercialization of innovative diagnostic imaging agents and products, in the US$500 million acquisition of Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: PGNX).