Narissa A. Lyngen
Narissa Lyngen is an associate in the Firm's Tax Practice Group. Narissa's practice focuses on cross-border and domestic taxation, including tax aspects of global and domestic mergers, acquisitions, securities offerings, securitizations and financing transactions, as well as tax issues related to the ownership, use and assignment of intellectual property.
Narissa also advises clients on U.S. tax issues related to and the structuring of tax-free reorganizations and restructuring, and U.S. inbound and outbound tax issues related to FATCA, controlled foreign corporations, passive foreign investment companies, corporate inversions and tax treaties.
During law school, Narissa served as co-editor-in-chief of the Harvard International Law Journal.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation in its
- US$2.685 billion sale of International-Matex Tank Terminals, a bulk liquid terminals business, to Riverstone Holdings LLC.
- sale of Bayonne Energy Center, a power generation facility in Bayonne, New Jersey
- Avast Software, an industry-leading maker of security software, in the US$1.3 billion acquisition of AVG Technologies, a developer of business, mobile and PC device security software applications, by way of a public tender offer.
- Avast PLC on its sale of a 35% interest in Jumpshot, Inc. to Ascential.
- Dominus Capital, L.P., in its acquisition of
- Lockmasters, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of locks, doors and related hardware components and provider of related education and training classes,
- Surface Preparation Technologies, LLC, the country's leading provider of rumble strips and related roadway safety services,
- EMPG Holding Company, a procurement and marketing services group for dealers of foodservice equipment and supplies,
- BluSky Restoration Holdings LLC, a provider of commercial, industrial, governmental, residential and multifamily restoration, renovation, environmental and roofing services in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- BluSky Restoration Contractors, LLC, a portfolio company of Dominus Capital and a leading provider of restoration services across the U.S. and Puerto Rico, on its acquisition of Har-Bro, LLC, a California-based mitigation, restoration and reconstruction provider for commercial properties damaged by water, fire, flood and other disasters.
- AIT Worldwide Logistics Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Quad-C Management, Inc., in its add-on acquisition of Unitrans Holdings, Inc., an international transportation and logistics provider.
- Roivant Sciences Ltd., through its special purpose vehicle Pharmavant 3 Ltd., in its acquisition of Izana Bioscience Limited, a UK translational medicine company.
- CVC Capital Partners in its
- US$1.425 billion acquisition of beauty and personal care products company PDC Brands from Yellow Wood Partners.
- investment in a limited liability company formed to create, acquire and invest in enterprises in the sports, media, entertainment, technology and lifestyle industries.
- I Squared Capital Advisors and its portfolio company American Intermodal Management (AIM) in a joint venture with Castle & Cooke Investments and its portfolio company Flexi-Van Leasing, whereby AIM was combined with Flexi-Van, the third largest marine chassis provider in the U.S.
- Triton Partners in the acquisition of WernerCo, a Switzerland-based fully integrated international manufacturer and distributor of ladders, secure storage systems and light duty construction equipment.
- Quad-C Management, Inc. in its acquisition of Rainbow Early Education Holding, LLC, a leading provider of early education services which operates more than 120 schools across 12 states.
- Quad-C Wolf Holdings, Inc., one of the largest suppliers of kitchen and bath cabinetry in the U.S. and a portfolio company of Quad-C Management, Inc., in its sale to Tenex Capital Management, L.P.
- LifePoint Health, Inc., a NASDAQ-listed nationwide healthcare provider, in its US$ 5.6 billion sale of the company to RCCH HealthCare Partners, which is owned by certain funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC.
- IBSA INSTITUT BIOCHIMIQUE SA (SWITZERLAND) AND IBSA PHARMA INC. on their US$65 million asset purchase and license termination related to the US rights for Tirosint®, a thyroid medication.
- Anthem, Inc., one of the nation's largest health benefits companies, in its
- recently terminated US$54.2 billion agreement to acquire Cigna Corporation, a combination that garnered front-page coverage for over 2 years and involved extensive coordination of a White & Case team of cross-practice lawyers in M&A, antitrust, litigation and bank finance,
- acquisition of Beacon Health Options, the largest independently held behavioral health organization in the country,
- acquisition of Simply Healthcare, Inc., which, through its two subsidiaries, Simply Healthcare Plans, Inc. and Better Health, Inc., is a leading managed care company for people enrolled in Medicaid and Medicare programs in the State of Florida.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC in its US$2.65 billion acquisition of the US-based generic drug businesses, Roxane Laboratories and Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane, from German drug maker Boehringer Ingelheim. This acquisition positioned Hikma as the sixth largest company in the US generics market.
- Omnicare, Inc. in its US$12.7 billion sale to CVS Health.
- Wind Telecomunicazioni S.p.A., a leading Italian telecoms operator, and its wholly owned subsidiary Wind Acquisition Finance S.A. (WAF) in a corporate refinancing that included a new €4 billion issuance by WAF of three tranches of senior secured bonds.
Basel III: Dynamics of State Implementation, 53 Harv. Int'l L.J. 519, 2012
The Financial Stability Board: The New Face of International Financial Regulation, 54 Harv. Int'l L.J. Online (Special Report) i, 2013, (co-author with Clayton Simmons)