Prema is an Associate in the firm's Debt Finance practice group based in London. Prema's experience includes acting for corporate borrowers, banks and other finance providers on various types of transactions including acquisition finance, leveraged finance, trade finance, general bank lending and restructuring.
Prema trained at the firm and spent time in our Private Equity, Debt Finance and Capital Markets practice groups. Prema also spent 6 months on secondment at our Abu Dhabi office focusing on Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance transactions in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.
- Puma Energy on its 2017, 2019 and 2020 core corporate syndicated facilities and on various trade financings.
- African Export-Import Bank on a $15 million secured trade finance facility to an Egyptian trading business.
- African Export-Import Bank on a $100 million secured trade finance facility to a major Angolan financial institution.
- African Export-Import Bank on a $25 million secured trade finance facility to a Zimbabwean financial institution.
- AFC on a $200 million (subsequently upsized to $300 million) secured loan financing to the Dangote Group.
- AFC on a US$250 million tier-2 capital loan from U.S. International Development Finance Corporation.
- Ghana National Petroleum Company (GNPC) in relation to a US$120 million letter of credit facility agreement provided by an international lender for the purposes of funding GNPC’s obligations under a gas sale and purchase agreement with Shell.
- The arranger on bespoke structured trade finance facilities to a soft commodities exporter in East Africa.
- Stanbic Kenya and The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited on a senior term loan and working capital financing for an East African corporate, one of the first senior-mezzanine financings in the region.
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with the SAR 2.15 billion Islamic project financing for the construction of a new petrochemicals complex in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
- Saudi Aramco in connection with the Sadara Chemical Company Project, a joint venture with The Dow Chemical Company in Saudi Arabia.
- A leading global financial institution on the migration of its trade finance book as part of an internal corporate reorganisation.
- GSO Capital Partners and its affiliates on a three-tier financing package to support Advent International's approximately £4 billion acquisition of leading global technology and services innovator Cobham plc.
- GSO Capital Partners on a €1,635,000,000 financing to support Lone Star Fund's acquisition of multinational chemical producer BASF.
- GSO Capital Partners on its €625 million(equivalent) financing of the merger of Investindustrial-owned Polynt and Black Diamond-owned Reichhold groups.
- EQT Credit on a financing that will support the strong growth trajectory of Sykes and its ongoing development into one of the leading international players in the vacation rental market.
- Royal Bank of Canada as global coordinator, senior lead arranger and original lender, on the debt financing package to support Lovell Minnick Partners' take-private acquisition of Charles Taylor plc, the leading international provider of professional services and technology solutions to the global insurance market.
- Mandated Lead Arrangers on a financing to support EQT Infrastructure IV’s acquisition of the leading Maltese telecom operator Melita Limited from Apax Partners and Fortino Capital.
- The RCF lender on a refinancing of FE Fundinfo by Hg Capital, the specialist private equity investor focused on software and service businesses.
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers on the financing aspects of a US private equity fund's acquisition of a tile coatings business. The transaction was financed via an additional TLB facility of €300 million and a €35 million revolving credit facility.
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers on the provision of a €1.3 billion multi-currency RCF to a global car manufacturer.
- Encore Capital Group, Inc. on its new US$1.5 billion global funding structure, including an amended multi-currency revolving credit facility and the issuance of €350.0 million in 4.875% senior secured notes due 2025.
- The co-ordinating committee of senior lenders in the restructuring of Seadrill Limited, one of the world's largest offshore drilling companies.
- Advising Infravia III Invest S.A. (a French infrastructure investor) and the Founders on the disposal of Next Generation Data, a data centre business in South Wales, comprising Europe's largest single site data centre campus.
- Advising Novator on the financing aspects related to the disposal of its shares in Play Communications SA (Play), the leading mobile network operator in Poland.