Samariddin is an Associate based in Tashkent office. He is a highly experienced Uzbek lawyer, advising major Uzbek and foreign companies as well as the Ministry of Finance in Uzbekistan in project finance, securities, debut Eurobond issuance, commercial, corporate, energy, oil & gas, petrochemicals and other key sectors in Uzbekistan.
Representative experience includes* :
- Reviewing facility agreements, guarantee agreements and securitization CPs with the group of lenders [ING Bank, ADB, KSURE, KEXIM, Credit Suisse, Siemens Bank, EKN, Hermes] from Uzbek law perspective;
- Advising major petrochemical plant operator company and its shareholders [JSC "Uzbekneftegaz", Lotte Chemical, KOGAS, STX Energy] on various issues of project finance, infrastructure finance and securitisation such as drafting mortgage documents, memos on Uzbek law enforceability, corporate approvals and others;
- Advising on 15 years Preventive Maintenance Contract on 150 million USD worth of turbo-generators and compressors and the pledge of contractual rights to the Lenders;
- Advising on 2.1 billion USD worth of Enterprise Mortgage Contract and its perfection measures from Uzbek law perspective as part of the project finance securitisation. Coordinated and liased with Intercreditor Agent [ING Bank], bank syndicates, technical and legal consultants [Vinson & Elkins, Norton Rose Fulbright, D&M, E&Y, Nexant];
- Advising on turnkey EPC contracts for the construction of water reservoir and camp at Ustyurt Gas Chemical Complex;
- Liased with State Authoritative Bodies to collect 21 licenses and state permits such as construction permits, safety permits, permits to use of hazardous materials and others to launch the operation of the biggest petrochemical plant in Uzbekistan;
- Advised on Mortgage of Wells contract and its perfection measures as part of facility agreement;
- Advised on the transfer of title for water reservoir and camp at Ustyurt Gas Chemical Complex and its mortgage to securitize.
Advising Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan:
- Advising on issues related to the debut sovereign bond issuance of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Advising on programme establishment and transaction documents related to debut sovereign bond issuance;
- Drafted Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Amending Securities Market Law in Uzbekistan, a number of Presidential and Cabinet of Ministers Decrees.
*Advised on these matters prior to joining White & Case.
Presidential Scholarship, Uzbekistan
German DAAD Scholarship, USA/Germany