Sara Hartman is an associate in the Firm's Debt Finance Group in Johannesburg.
Her main practice focuses on leverage finance, commercial and development property finance and project finance although she has extensive experience in acquisition finance, company debt restructuring and general banking. She has acted for both lenders and borrowers, local and international, listed and unlisted clients in a number of various sectors.
- Representation of the lenders in respect of the project financing of South Africa Mainstream Renewable Power Kangnas (Pty) Ltd‘s 140MW wind energy facility in the Northern Cape Province, under the Department of Energy’s Renewable Energy IPP Procurement Programme.
- Representation of the lenders in respect of the project financing of South Africa Mainstream Renewable Power Perdekraal East (Pty) Ltd‘s 110MW wind energy facility in the Western Cape Province, under the Department of Energy’s Renewable Energy IPP Procurement Programme.
- Representation of Eskom SOC Limited on the update of its US$4 billion global medium-term note program and the subsequent issue of US$500 million 8.45% notes and US$1 billion 6.35% guaranteed notes which are listed on Euronext Dublin.
- Representation of Rand Merchant Bank in relation to, inter alia, the advancing of various facilities to International Housing Solutions for the acquisition of properties in South Africa and the development of various residential projects thereon.
- Representation of Absa Bank Limited and Nedbank Limited in connection with, inter alia, a loan funding in the refinancing of a project finance facility for a JSE listed mining company as the borrower.
- Representation of Absa Bank Limited as lender, funding a facility to Bearing Man Group for general corporate purposes.
- Representation of Absa Bank Limited as lender funding a facility to ADvTECH Limited to settle existing indebtedness and for general corporate purposes.
- Representation of Absa Bank Limited as lender for a USD facility to various Namibian diamond companies towards the purchase of rough diamonds with cross-border security providers.
- Representation of Standard Chartered Bank, Nedbank Limited, Investec Bank Limited and Investec Asset Management Limited in relation to the refinancing of existing indebtedness and the provision of increased facilities in relation to a South African multinational company.
- Representation of the Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets, Barclays Bank and BMO Capital, as joint bookrunners, and Royal Bank of Canada, as sponsor, of a fully underwritten US$178 million rights issue by Petra Diamonds Limited.
- Representation of Rand Merchant Bank, as lender, for a facility to a South African borrower for the partial repayment of existing indebtedness.
- Representation of Helios Investment Partners in connection with the proposed acquisition of the issued share capital of various entities wherein we, inter alia, conducted a red flag due diligence review.