Simon is an associate in The Law Office of Megren M. Al-Shaalan, with which White & Case practices in cooperation in Saudi Arabia. His experience includes advising on Saudi corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, IPOs and corporate governance.
Simon regularly advises clients on corporate, capital markets and Saudi regulatory matters. Simon has experience assisting clients in the public and private sectors including banks, asset managers, brokers and insurers. Simon also has experience advising Saudi investment banks on international portfolio acquisitions and securitization.
Simon assisted in the final stages of Saudi Aramco's USD 69.1 billion acquisition of a 70% stake in Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), one of the world's largest chemicals companies, from the Public Investment Fund, the sovereign wealth fund of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Prior to joining the Firm, Simon worked in the client implementation department of Goldman Sachs International.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Saudi Telecom Company (STC) in relation to the proposed secondary sell-down of Public Investment Fund's stake.
- MEWA (Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture) to establish and launch the Water Infrastructure Fund.
- Saudi Civil Aviation Holding Company (aka MATARAT Holding) in relation to corporatization and asset transfer for Jeddah Airport.
- Saudi Real Estate Refinancing Company in connection with the structuring, acquisition, and issuance of various company products and debt securities. We will have three phases of work initially (1) acquisition of portfolio of real estate assets in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, together with advice on servicing the portfolio; (2) structuring future debt issues by the client (at least 6 months away), (3) general advice on structuring the by-laws and incorporation structure of the client itself. This matter relates to the third phase.
- Global Fintech Investments Holding AG in connection with certain change of control filings.
- Al-Ula Development Company with a joint venture agreement and other ancillary documents in connection with a real estate development.
- Saudi Aramco in connection with the development of a hydrogen Steam Methane Reforming Plant to supply hydrogen on an over the fence scheme to the SAMREF refinery.
- Gulf International Bank - Saudi in relation to the transfer of ownership of GIB Capital from Gulf International Bank BSC to Gulf International Bank.
- the Underwriters in relation to the potential international offering and listing of the shares of Arabian Internet and Communications Services Co Ltd known as Solutions by STC on the Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul).
- Careem Networks FZ LLC on regulatory requirements in the context of their proposed system architecture for Careem Pay in the KSA.
- Red Sea Cruise Company regarding delivering of Project Coral, which entails port development, Shorex development and potentially developing a unique cruise concept.