Stefano Bellani is an associate in the Milan office. His main areas of practice are Debt Finance and Debt Capital Markets. Stefano has experience advising direct lenders, major financial institutions, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers on financing transactions, with particular focus on leveraged finance and investments by alternative debt providers. He has notable experience also with respect to Debt Capital Markets transactions mainly assisting underwriters and initial purchasers or issuers in the context of high yield bond and private placement transactions.
Stefano has been recognized as a recommended lawyer in Banking & Finance both for borrower and lender/arranger side by The Legal 500 2022.
Prior to joining White & Case, Stefano practiced in UK and Italian law firms where he gained a considerable experience in banking and finance work.
- A pool of banks in connection with the €160 million senior term and revolving credit facility entered into by the private equity fund Clessidra SGR to finance the acquisition of Casa Vinicola Botter S.p.A.
- Banco BPM S.p.A., as agent and original lender, in connection with the term and revolving credit facilities entered into by private equity fund Capvis Equity V to finance the acquisition of the Arag Group, a global leader in the production and marketing of weeding, spraying and precision agricultural equipment.
- Toscana Aeroporti S.p.A., the management company for Florence and Pisa airports, in connection with a €85 million term loan financing guaranteed by SACE S.p.A. under Article 1 of the Italian Liquidity Decree.
- Open Fiber S.p.A. in connection with increasing its existing 2018 financing from €3.5 billion to €4.145 billion. The financing includes the structuring of the operation and the preparation, negotiation and finalization of the related financial documentation.
- doValue S.p.A. in connection with a €265 million bridge-to-bond financing for the purpose of financing the acquisition of an 80% stake in the share capital of Eurobank FPS Loans and Credits Claim Management Company SA from Eurobank Ergasias S.A.
- BNP Paribas and UniCredit Bank, as joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners, and Crédit Agricole CIB, as joint bookrunner, in connection with the issuance of €470 million floating rate senior secured notes due 2026 by Diocle S.p.A. to finance its acquisition of DOC Generici.
- Pemberton Asset Management in connection with the structuring and underwriting of €133 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2024 issued by Italcer S.p.A. The issuance will partly finance the acquisition of Ceramica Rondine S.p.A.
- Open Fiber S.p.A. in connection with its €3.5 billion term and revolving credit facilities.
- Goldman Sachs, as mandated lead arranger and original lender, in connection with the facilities agreement concerning a term loan facility, a multicurrency super senior revolving credit facility, and a multicurrency uncommitted accordion term loan facility to support the acquisition of RGI S.p.A. by Corsair Capital.
- Wind Tre S.p.A. in connection with (i) its €7.3 billion issuance of high yield senior secured notes, in a combination of euro-denominated fixed and floating rate notes and dollar-denominated fixed rate notes, issued pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S under the US Securities Act; and (ii) with a €3.4 billion senior facilities agreement consisting of a €3 billion amortizing term loan and a €400 million revolving credit facility.