Tabitha Saw is a Partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice group in Singapore. Tabitha is also a core member of the Global Real Estate practice group.
Tabitha has extensive experience advising fund managers, institutional investors and multinational corporate clients on private equity real estate and data centre investments, cross-border acquisitions and divestments, real estate co-investments, joint ventures and restructurings.
Private Equity Real Estate
- ESR on the formation of a perpetual core fund and joint venture among ESR, AXA Investment Managers - Real Assets (AXA IM), and a major sovereign wealth fund in connection with the acquisition of six logistics properties in Japan for over US$1 billion.
PAG Real Estate
- PAG Real Estate on various Singapore law regulatory, structuring and compliance aspects on the establishment of SCREP Fund VII and downstream investment structures.
- GIC on its investment in a hyperscale data centre in Jakarta in partnership with Polymer Connected, a Singapore-based data centre start-up operator.
CBRE Global Investors
- CBRE on its establishment of a Singapore incorporated investment vehicle and related shareholder arrangements with various institutional real estate investors for the equity funding of the acquisition of a portfolio of 169 properties in Japan from Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation.
A logistics real estate development manager
- A logistics real estate development manager on a share-backed mezzanine financing for purposes of financing the acquisition of four parcels of vacant land for development in the Tokyo Bay area.
- Innovation Holdings (the IO legacy entity) on the sale of its Singapore data center.
A Japan-based fund manager
- A Japan-based fund manager on the development and leasing of two hyperscale data centres in Tokyo.
- ESR on its capital raising and financing for Sachiura, a billion-dollar distribution center and one of the largest master-planned logistics parks in Japan.
- ESR on the establishment of a US$300 million programmatic co-investment platform with Ping An Real Estate, and related shareholder arrangements, for investments in logistics and distribution assets.
- ESR on its real estate co-investment in respect two prime, undeveloped land parcels with a combined area of 143,839 sqm (43,511 tsubo), strategically situated in Higashi Ogijima, Kawasaki-city, Kanagawa prefecture.
- ESR on the $368 million acquisition of ESR Kuki Distribution Centre in Japan by AXA Investment Managers from Redwood Japan Logistics Fund II (RJLF II).
- Redwood Group Asia on its merger with e-Shang Cayman Ltd (a logistics developer sponsored by Warburg Pincus and APG) to create 'ESR', one of the largest logistics real estate platforms in Asia (Singapore, China, Japan and South Korea).
PAG Real Estate
- PAG Real Estate on various Singapore law regulatory, structuring and compliance aspects in respect of investments by SCREP Fund V and establishment of SCREP Fund VI.
A Singapore-based fund manager
- A Singapore-based fund manager on the divestment of a large portfolio of assets in the PRC to an insurance group.
A major Nordic bank
- A major Nordic bank on the winding-down of its Asia operations, including various Singapore regulatory, employment and compliance aspects relating to the closing down of its Singapore branch.
- Various clients on employment law, non-compete arrangements, employee recruitment and retrenchment related issues for senior management.
- Boeing on its joint venture with SIA Engineering in Singapore for the provision of maintenance, repair and overhaul services for Boeing aircraft for companies based in the region.
Multinational corporate clients, private equity firms and sovereign wealth funds
- Multinational corporate clients, private equity firms and sovereign wealth funds on general regulatory and corporate compliance issues.
'Next Generation Lawyer' for Corporate and M&A: Foreign Firms - Singapore by Legal 500 (2019)
Recommended for Private Equity Real Estate by Legal 500 2019-2020