Of Counsel, Tashkent
Yokubjon is an Of Counsel based in the Tashkent office. He is a highly experienced Uzbek lawyer, advising major Uzbek and foreign companies in the financial, securities, commercial and corporate, and other key sectors in Uzbekistan.
Bars and Courts
The University of Westminster
The University of Warwick
Representative experience includes*:
- Advising the Office of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on developing the country's Public - Private Partnership legal framework based on international best practice.
- Working on contractor's agreement for the construction of the 21st Century Uzbekistan-Korea Friendship Children's Hospital worth US$ 102,846,000 launched by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan and financed by loan from the Export-Import Bank of Korea (the resources of the Economic Development Cooperation Fund of the Republic of Korea).
- Representation as a National Consultant for the World Bank Group in development and adoption of Uzbekistan's first Code of Corporate Governance, involving an in-depth cooperation with state authorities and major joint stock companies in Uzbekistan on issues of corporate governance and privatization processes in Uzbekistan.
- Representation as a National Legal Expert for the Asian Development Bank in development and adoption of the regulatory framework for the E-Government project on Effective Public Management.
- Advising on supply contracts for the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan on delivery of basic medical products and diagnosticums in total 58 names, up to US$ 7,4 mln.
- Advising JSC "Uzkimyosanoat" on turnkey construction of projects financed by Uzbek Sovereign Funds and Export Import Bank of China:
- USD 338,5 mln worth potassium factory, including a representation at Uzbek-Russian Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation chaired by Prime-Ministers of Uzbekistan and Russia;
- USD 409,2 mln worth factory of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), caustic soda and methanol production complex on the base of JSC "Navoiyazot";
- USD 81,2 mln worth factory of Soda Ash Plant.
- Advising JSC "Uzkimyosanoat" on Corporate Governance issues at JSC "Maxam-Chirchik" and JSC "Ammofos-Maxam" involving a representation at governmental negotiations group of ministries and agencies (trade and investments, state property, customs, tax, public finance, justice, local municipality and others).
- Advising major Uzbek and foreign companies on raising investments from Uzbek and foreign financial markets, including services on:
- issuance of shares, corporate bonds and derivatives (depositary receipts, options, futures), and determination of an optimum issue structure;
- securities placement and arrangement of sell/purchase transactions on the Uzbek and foreign capital markets;
- securities portfolio and financial assets management.
*Advised on these matters prior to joining White & Case.
Awards and Recognition
Scholar of "UMID" Foundation
Scholar of Freedom Support Act - Future Leaders Exchange Program