Yokubjon is an Of Counsel based in the Tashkent office. He is a highly experienced Uzbek lawyer, advising major Uzbek and foreign companies in the financial, securities, commercial and corporate, and other key sectors in Uzbekistan.
Representative experience includes*:
- Advising the Office of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on developing the country's Public - Private Partnership legal framework based on international best practice.
- Working on contractor's agreement for the construction of the 21st Century Uzbekistan-Korea Friendship Children's Hospital worth US$ 102,846,000 launched by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan and financed by loan from the Export-Import Bank of Korea (the resources of the Economic Development Cooperation Fund of the Republic of Korea).
- Representation as a National Consultant for the World Bank Group in development and adoption of Uzbekistan's first Code of Corporate Governance, involving an in-depth cooperation with state authorities and major joint stock companies in Uzbekistan on issues of corporate governance and privatization processes in Uzbekistan.
- Representation as a National Legal Expert for the Asian Development Bank in development and adoption of the regulatory framework for the E-Government project on Effective Public Management.
- Advising on supply contracts for the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan on delivery of basic medical products and diagnosticums in total 58 names, up to US$ 7,4 mln.
- Advising JSC "Uzkimyosanoat" on turnkey construction of projects financed by Uzbek Sovereign Funds and Export Import Bank of China:
- USD 338,5 mln worth potassium factory, including a representation at Uzbek-Russian Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation chaired by Prime-Ministers of Uzbekistan and Russia;
- USD 409,2 mln worth factory of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), caustic soda and methanol production complex on the base of JSC "Navoiyazot";
- USD 81,2 mln worth factory of Soda Ash Plant.
- Advising JSC "Uzkimyosanoat" on Corporate Governance issues at JSC "Maxam-Chirchik" and JSC "Ammofos-Maxam" involving a representation at governmental negotiations group of ministries and agencies (trade and investments, state property, customs, tax, public finance, justice, local municipality and others).
- Advising major Uzbek and foreign companies on raising investments from Uzbek and foreign financial markets, including services on:
- issuance of shares, corporate bonds and derivatives (depositary receipts, options, futures), and determination of an optimum issue structure;
- securities placement and arrangement of sell/purchase transactions on the Uzbek and foreign capital markets;
- securities portfolio and financial assets management.
*Advised on these matters prior to joining White & Case.
Scholar of "UMID" Foundation
Scholar of Freedom Support Act - Future Leaders Exchange Program