Cybersecurity has become a buzzword at the moment and for good reason. Companies, banks and other financial institutions face constantly evolving cyber threats and the consequences from a major breach can be colossal, impacting not only data but networks and physical devices as well.
Legislators are reacting: privacy and cybersecurity laws are continually evolving, vary by jurisdiction, are interpreted unpredictably, and are in a constant state of flux. The fallout for not complying with industry standards or regulation can be serious: heavy fines, injunctions, government audits, lawsuits, and the potential for criminal liability, as well as harms to business reputation and business profits.
In this event, we will take a closer look at the challenges that affect German businesses from a privacy and cybersecurity, white collar and corporate law perspective, and discuss the benefits of cyber insurance policies.
- Andreas Brück, Staatsanwalt, Staatsanwaltschaft Köln ZAC, Zentralstelle und Ansprechpartner Cybercrime
- Dr. Gundbert Scherf, Partner, McKinsey, Berlin
- Dr. Detlev Gabel, Partner, White & Case, Frankfurt
- Dr. Alexander Kiefner, Partner, White & Case, Frankfurt
- Christian Wirth, Partner, White & Case, Berlin
Tuesday, 15 May 2018
4:30 p.m. Registration
4:45 p.m. Event begins
6:30 p.m. Drinks and canapés
White & Case, Frankfurt
White & Case LLP
Bockenheimer Landstraße 20
60323 Frankfurt am Main
For more information on our Spring Series 2018 – Germany, please follow this link.