Aleks is an associate in our Corporate and M&A practice. She has experience in a broad range of corporate transactions, including private equity, international M&A, joint ventures and corporate reorganisations.
Prior to joining the UAE practice, Aleks worked for more than three and half years in our London office.
Aleks has spent ten months on secondment to Mubadala Investment Company PJSC (Mubadala), followed by three months at Mubadala’s subsidiary, Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company PJSD (Masdar).
Representative transactions include advising:
- Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) on a US$15.5 billion infrastructure investment deal with consortium led by affiliates of BlackRock Real Assets and Hassana Investments Co.
- Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) on a long term infrastructure deal with a consortium led by EIG Global Energy Partners (EIG), one of the world's leading infrastructure investors, to optimize its assets through a lease-and-lease-back arrangement involving its stabilized crude oil pipeline network. Saudi Aramco will receive upfront proceeds of around US$12.4 billion.
- Goldman Sachs and GRO Capital, a Nordic-based private equity fund, on the disposal of Trackunit Group to HgCapital, a European private equity firm. Trackunit Group is a Danish telematics manufacturer with operations in Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, UK and US.
- Goldman Sachs on the primary and secondary minority investment in Modanisa Elektronik Mağazacılık ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi, a Turkey-based online retailer of modest fashion for women in the Muslim world.
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) on the strategic partnership with Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE:NYSE), in connection with ADNOC's subsidiary, ADNOC Drilling. The transaction also involved BHGE acquiring 5 percent of ADNOC Drilling for US$550 million.
- The heirs of Abdul Latif Ibrahim Galadari on the buyout of the remaining shareholders, the Investment Corporation of Dubai and the heirs of Abdul Rahim Ibrahim Galadari, from the Galadari Brothers group.
- United Arab Shipping Company (UASC), a Dubai-headquartered container shipping business, and its majority shareholders Qatar Holding and Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia on the multi-billion dollar merger with German shipping company, Hapag-Lloyd, being one of the largest M&A deals ever in the MENA region at the time.
- United Al Saqer Group LLC, a prominent investment family office in the UAE, on the joint venture with two Algerian partners in Luxury Motor Works, a business operating the only BMW car dealership in Algeria.
Private Equity Deals
- A15, a leading tech investment fund, on the sale of a 76 percent stake in its United Arab Emirates-based fintech company TPAY Mobile FZ-LLC (TPAY) to Africa's leading private investment firm Helios Investment Partners.
- CVC Capital Partners-led investment consortium on the acquisition of controlling stake in Alvogen, a pharmaceuticals company.
- Rhône Capital LLC, a global private equity firm, on the acquisition of ASK Chemicals GmbH from Ashland Inc. and Clariant.
- Ashmore GCC Education Fund on the acquisition of a substantial interest in a UAE-based school group.
- HgCapital, a European private equity firm, on the acquisitions of Blick Rothenberg, the former BPO division of Visma and Baldwins (collectively to form the Cogital Group).
- Montagu, a European private equity firm, on the acquisition of Open International, a provider of insurance software.
Capital Markets Deals
- Alpha Bank, a systemic Greek bank, on the sale of a 80 percent stake in its loan servicing subsidiary, Cepal Holdings, and the entry into a long term servicing arrangement for its €10.8 billion NPE portfolio with certain entities managed and advised by Davidson Kempner.
- Citi, Standard Bank and Standard Chartered Bank on the USD denominated Reg S/144A notes offering by Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc, a Nigerian oil and gas company.
- Nord Stream AG, a consortium of Gazprom, Wintershall, E.ON, Gasunie and ENGIE, on the project bond in relation to Nord Stream 1, an offshore natural gas pipeline from Russia to Germany.
- GSO Capital Partners, the credit division of Blackstone, on the refinancing of ALcontrol, a European environment and food testing group.
- Jefferies Group LLC and Rabobank on the refinancing of LINPAC, a privately owned global packaging business.