Aleks is an associate in our Corporate and Private Equity practice. She advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions, including private equity and international M&A, across a number of industry sectors. She has experience of working with a range of financial sponsors and corporates both in the Middle East and internationally.
Prior to joining the UAE practice, Aleks worked in our London office.
Aleks previously spent ten months on secondment to Mubadala Investment Company PJSC (Mubadala), followed by three months at Mubadala's subsidiary, Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company PJSD (Masdar).
Representative experience includes:
- Representation of Accor S.A. on the subscription for a minority stake in the Rotana Music Group.
- Representation of Vortex Energy IV, LP, an ADGM-based fund, on the acquisition of a c.12% stake in EO Charging Limited, a UK-based electric fleet charging technology and software company.
- Representation of Zakher Marine International (ZMI), an Abu Dhabi-based owner and operator of offshore support vessels, on the acquisition by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).
- Representation of Hapag-Lloyd on the acquisition of a majority stake in EA Technologies FZCO (OdeX), the digital platform for online documents exchange & payments facilitation for ocean shipping industry & EXIM trade.
- Representation of Kalyon İnşaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş., a Turkish conglomerate, on the joint venture via the sale of its shares representing 50% of the share capital of Kalyon Enerji Yatırımları A.Ş. to International Holding Company PJSC (IHC).
- Representation of Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) on the US$15.5 billion infrastructure investment deal with consortium led by BlackRock Real Assets and Hassana Investments Co.
- Representation of DP World, the global ports operator, on the US$1.2 billion acquisition of syncreon, a US-based logistics provider.
- Representation of Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco) on the US$12.4 billion infrastructure investment deal with consortium led by EIG Global Energy Partners (EIG).
- Representation of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) on the strategic partnership with Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE:NYSE), in connection with ADNOC's subsidiary, ADNOC Drilling. The transaction also involved BHGE acquiring 5% of ADNOC Drilling for US$550 million.
- Representation of the heirs of Abdul Latif Ibrahim Galadari on the buyout of the remaining shareholders, the Investment Corporation of Dubai and the heirs of Abdul Rahim Ibrahim Galadari, from the Galadari Brothers group.
- Representation of United Arab Shipping Company (UASC), a Dubai-headquartered container shipping business, and its majority shareholders, Qatar Holding and Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, on the multi-billion dollar merger with German shipping company, Hapag-Lloyd.
- Representation of United Al Saqer Group LLC, a prominent investment family office in the UAE, on the joint venture with two Algerian partners in Luxury Motor Works, a business operating the only BMW car dealership in Algeria.
- Representation of a hydrogen focused UK-based fund on a series of confidential regulatory and corporate transactions.
- Representation of the subscription by Accor S.A. for a minority stake in Rotana Music Group.
- Representation of Goldman Sachs (GS) and Advania, a GS portfolio company, on the acquisition of Visolit, a corporate IT solutions and cloud services business active in Norway and Sweden.
- Representation of Goldman Sachs and GRO Capital, a Nordic-based private equity fund, on the disposal of Trackunit Group to HgCapital, a European private equity firm.
- Representation of A15, a leading tech investment fund, on the sale of a 76% stake in its United Arab Emirates-based fintech company TPAY Mobile FZ-LLC (TPAY) to Africa's leading private investment firm, Helios Investment Partners.
- Representation of Goldman Sachs on the primary and secondary minority investment in Modanisa Elektronik Mağazacılık ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi, a Türkiye-based online retailer of modest fashion for women in the Muslim world.
- Representation of CVC Capital Partners-led investment consortium on the acquisition of controlling stake in Alvogen, a pharmaceuticals company.
- Representation of Rhône Capital LLC, a global private equity firm, on the acquisition of ASK Chemicals GmbH from Ashland Inc. and Clariant.
- Representation of Ashmore GCC Education Fund on the acquisition of a substantial interest in a UAE-based school group.
- Representation of HgCapital, a European private equity firm, on the acquisitions of Blick Rothenberg, the former BPO division of Visma and Baldwins (collectively to form the Cogital Group).
- Representation of Montagu, a European private equity firm, on the acquisition of Open International, a provider of insurance software.
- Representation of Borealis AG as shareholder on the offering of 3,005,769,158 shares at a price of AED2.45 per share in Borouge PLC, a joint venture with ADNOC. The offering is the largest IPO on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange to date.
- Representation of Alpha Bank, a systemic Greek bank, on the sale of a 80% stake in its loan servicing subsidiary, Cepal Holdings, and the entry into a long term servicing arrangement for its €10.8 billion NPE portfolio with certain entities managed and advised by Davidson Kempner.
- Representation of Citi, Standard Bank and Standard Chartered Bank on the USD denominated Reg S/144A notes offering by Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc, a Nigerian oil and gas company.
- Representation of Nord Stream AG, a consortium of Gazprom, Wintershall, E.ON, Gasunie and ENGIE, on the project bond in relation to Nord Stream 1, an offshore natural gas pipeline from Russia to Germany.
- Representation of GSO Capital Partners, the credit division of Blackstone, on the refinancing of ALcontrol, a European environment and food testing group.
- Representation of Jefferies Group LLC and Rabobank on the refinancing of LINPAC, a privately owned global packaging business.