Alessandro Picchi is an Italian lawyer in the Milan office with over 10 years of experience in Capital Markets - Equity and Debt - corporate law and private and public M&A. He regularly advises Italian companies, national and international investment banks and investment funds in connection with ECM extraordinary transactions, such as IPOs, follow-on equity offerings, PIPEs and block trades as well as on debt offerings and convertible bonds. Alessandro also assists companies, financial institutions and funds on a multi-jurisdictional basis and across several sectors on tender offers and other public and private M&A transactions.
Alessandro has been recognized as a Rising Star in ECM and as a recommended lawyer in DCM by The Legal 500 2023 and as a notable practitioner in ECM, DCM and M&A by IFLR1000 2023.
Equity Capital Markets
- Gamenet Group S.p.A. in connection with its initial public offering on the Milan Stock Exchange – STAR Segment, in which 34.8% of the company’s ordinary shares were sold for a total amount of approximately €79 million.
- De’Longhi Industrial SA as seller in connection with a secondary block trade of 7,500,000 ordinary shares of De'Longhi S.p.A., equal to approximately 5% of the share capital of De'Longhi S.p.A. The placement was carried out through an accelerated bookbuild offering to institutional investors only for aggregate amount of €187.5 million.
- Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited, Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, and Barclays PLC in connection with Banca Carige's €560 million capital increase and Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited and Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch in connection with the related €510 liability management exercise.
- The underwriters in connection with UniCredit's €13 billion rights issue. This transaction represents the largest rights issue in Italian history.
Corporate and M&A
- BC Partners and SOFIMA in connection with the mandatory tender offer on all the outstanding shares of IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €946 million.
- The controlling shareholders of the leading Italian food retailer Esselunga in connection with the €1.83 billion acquisition of a 30 % share of Esselunga from its minority shareholders.
- I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche and GIMA TT in connection with the merger by incorporation of GIMA TT in its parent company I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche.
- An investment consortium led by CVC Capital Partners including PSP Investments and StepStone, in connection with the €3 billion acquisition from the Recordati family of the holding company that owns a 51.8% stake in the Italian pharmaceutical group Recordati.
Debt Capital Markets
- Acea S.p.A. in connection with its €500 million 0.5000% notes due 2029. The notes have been issued under Acea's €4 billion EMTN Programme, listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and offered and sold pursuant to Regulation S under the US Securities Act.
- Esselunga S.p.A. in connection with its issuance of €500 million, 0,875% notes due 2023 and in connection with its issuance of €500 million 1,875% notes, due 2027, issued made pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S under the US Securities Act.