Alessandro Picchi is an Italian lawyer in the Milan office with over 10 years of experience in Capital Markets - Equity and Debt – corporate law and private and public M&A. He regularly advises Italian companies, national and international investment banks and investment funds in connection with IPOs, rights issues and block trades as well as on debt offerings and convertible bonds. Alessandro also assists companies, financial institutions and funds on a multi-jurisdictional basis and across several sectors on public and private M&A transactions.
Alessandro has been recognized as a recommended lawyer in DCM and ECM by The Legal 500 2022 and as a notable practitioner in DCM, ECM and M&A by ILFR1000 2022.
Equity Capital Markets
- Gamenet Group S.p.A. in connection with its initial public offering on the Milan Stock Exchange – STAR Segment, in which 34.8% of the company’s ordinary shares were sold for a total amount of approximately €79 million.
- De’Longhi Industrial SA as seller in connection with a secondary block trade of 7,500,000 ordinary shares of De'Longhi S.p.A., equal to approximately 5% of the share capital of De'Longhi S.p.A. The placement was carried out through an accelerated bookbuild offering to institutional investors only for aggregate amount of €187.5 million.
- Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited, Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, and Barclays PLC in connection with Banca Carige's €560 million capital increase and Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited and Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch in connection with the related €510 liability management exercise.
- The underwriters in connection with UniCredit's €13 billion rights issue. This transaction represents the largest rights issue in Italian history.
Corporate and M&A
- BC Partners and SOFIMA in connection with the mandatory tender offer on all the outstanding shares of IMA S.p.A. for a total value of approximately €946 million.
- The controlling shareholders of the leading Italian food retailer Esselunga in connection with the €1.83 billion acquisition of a 30 % share of Esselunga from its minority shareholders.
- I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche and GIMA TT in connection with the merger by incorporation of GIMA TT in its parent company I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche.
- An investment consortium led by CVC Capital Partners including PSP Investments and StepStone, in connection with the €3 billion acquisition from the Recordati family of the holding company that owns a 51.8% stake in the Italian pharmaceutical group Recordati.
Debt Capital Markets
- Acea S.p.A. in connection with its €500 million 0.5000% notes due 2029. The notes have been issued under Acea's €4 billion EMTN Programme, listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and offered and sold pursuant to Regulation S under the US Securities Act.
- Esselunga S.p.A. in connection with its issuance of €500 million, 0,875% notes due 2023 and in connection with its issuance of €500 million 1,875% notes, due 2027, issued made pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S under the US Securities Act.