“I am always impressed with his dedication to his clients. He is one of the team.”
Bojan Guzina is a partner in the Firm's Financial Restructuring and Insolvency Practice and is based in the Chicago office. He represents companies, strategic investors and other parties in complex business reorganizations, out-of-court restructurings and workouts, distressed M&A transactions, debt restructurings, and cross-border insolvency matters.
Bojan is recognized as a leading bankruptcy lawyer in Chambers USA. He has successfully guided multiple clients through in-court restructuring processes, including pre-packaged and pre-arranged Chapter 11 cases. His engagements have ranged across a wide array of industries, including automotive, retail, energy, healthcare, oil and gas, real estate, media, manufacturing, transportation and financial services. He has drawn upon his broad experience to develop practical solutions to complex problems and build the consensus required to implement these solutions. He also regularly advises management teams and boards of directors regarding fiduciary duty considerations in financially distressed situations.
summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Mattress Firm, Inc. in its pre-packaged Chapter 11 case.
- Legacy Reserves, Inc. in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 case.
- Total Finance Investment Inc. and Car Outlet Holding Inc. in their pre-arranged Chapter 11 cases.
- Travelex Group Ltd. in its out-of-court restructuring.
- Lee Enterprises, Inc. in its pre-packaged Chapter 11 case.
- Neenah Enterprises, Inc. in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 case.
- R.H. Donnelley Corp. in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 case.
- Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation in its Chapter 11 case.
- Horizon PCS, Inc. in its Chapter 11 case.
Strategic Investor Representations*
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Dany Garcia in connection with their purchase of substantially all assets of the XFL football league in the Alpha Entertainment bankruptcy case.
- Partners Group in the Chapter 11 case of its portfolio companies Seabras 1 USA, LLC and Seabras 1 Bermuda Ltd.
- Wanxiang America in connection with its acquisition of substantially all assets of Fisker Automotive and A123 Systems.
- Global Steering Systems in connection with its acquisition of substantially all assets of Illinois Machine & Tool Works.
- Walgreen Co. in connection with its acquisitions of (i) the El-Amal pharmacy chain in a Section 363 sale and (ii) pharmacy files and inventory from multiple distressed sellers.
- Indiana Finance Authority in connection with the pre-packaged Chapter 11 filing by ITR Concession Company, LLC.
* Matters prior to joining White & Case
Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2021