Caitlin Powell Gimpel
Caitlin Powell Gimpel is an associate and practices in the areas of Corporate M&A and Private Equity.
Caitlin advises American, Italian and multinational clients on complex business transactions, including domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, corporate carve-out transactions, corporate recapitalizations and equity financings, executive compensation and incentive equity arrangements, and corporate governance matters. She has extensive experience in private equity, including in transactions focused on the software, technology, healthcare, industrial materials, payment processing, and food and consumer product industries.
Prior to joining White & Case, Caitlin practiced in the Chicago office of another international law firm.
Prior to practicing law, Caitlin worked for the Italian Trade & Investment Agency, a joint agency of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Italian Ministry of Economic Development.
Caitlin's representative transactions include:
- BC Partners LLP, an international investment firm, in connection with the M&A, financing, capital markets and regulatory aspects of its acquisition of an up to approximately 45 percent stake in SOFIMA, the holding company that controls IMA S.p.A., a world leader in the design and production of automatic machines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, tea, coffee and tobacco. Following the closing, SOFIMA will launch a mandatory tender offer to acquire the remaining publicly-outstanding share capital of IMA, with the goal of delisting IMA from the Milan Stock Exchange.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, a multinational pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company, in connection with its US$670 million sale of a portfolio of select non-core over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceutical products, as well as two manufacturing sites located in Denmark and Poland, to Orifarm Group, a Danish pharmaceutical company.
- Private equity sponsor in connection with numerous platform, add-on and complex carve-out transactions and corporate counseling in the SaaS space, including key market transactions relating to software for quote-to-cash, IT management and managed services, supply chain management, school administration, loan origination and digital lending, public affairs and others.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the complex carve-out and combination transactions creating North America's largest government administration and public safety management solution company.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the acquisitions and subsequent combination transactions creating the United States' largest provider of pediatric home care services.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the acquisition of the United States' industry leader for protected health information disclosure and exchange.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the acquisition of an industry-leading provider of specialist alternative asset, investment and retirement fund custody solutions.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with a consortium investment in one of the largest privately held providers of end-to-end operational servicing and support for credit card and installment loan products in North America.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the acquisition and combination of the United States' largest and most frequently used medical scribe company.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the disposition of one of the largest processors and manufacturers of chicken products in North America.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the disposition of core assets of one of the key strawberry processors in the state of California.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the disposition of a leading provider of digital content and related services for e-commerce, marketing and retail shelf and store management tools.*
- Private equity sponsor in connection with the disposition of the United States' largest cord blood stem cell banking and storage company.*
*Prior to joining White & Case