Carlotta Frascoli is an associate in the Milan office. Her practice focuses primarily on general assistance in national and European proceedings on cartels, abuses of dominant position, states aid, including appeal proceedings before the competent judicial authorities. Her practice covers also EU and national merger control. Carlotta regularly assists Italian and international clients in antitrust damages actions (both follow-on and stand-alone actions) before the Italian competent courts. She also has extensive experience in the consumer protection field, assisting clients in proceedings before the Italian Competition Authority on unfair commercial practices, unfair terms and consumer protection, including appeal proceedings before the competent judicial bodies.
Prior to joining White & Case Carlotta practiced in a major Italian law firm.
- An international leading manufacturer of PET containers machines in connection with a proceeding initiated by the Italian Competition Authority for potential breach of abuse of dominant position rules under Article 102 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
- A leading international water meters producer in connection with a cartel proceeding initiated by the Italian Competition Authority for alleged restrictive agreements on competition, allegedly put in place during public tenders for the supply of water meters to the operators of the integrated water service, in violation of Article 2 of Law no. 287/90 and/or Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
- A leading packaging producer before the First Instance Administrative Court in connection with the appeal of the fining decision of the Italian Competition Authority in the cardboard cartel matter for alleged breach of Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
- A leading Norwegian producer of textile snow chains in connection with the proceedings before the First Instance Administrative Court, securing the annulment of a decision preventing the use of the company's snow chains, on Italian roads displaying the "mandatory snow chains" sign, as well as in the following appeal proceedings before Italy's higher appeal court (Consiglio di Stato).
- A leading international group active in the manufacturing of trucks in connection with the antitrust damages actions, brought within the Italian legal system, after the adoption of a settlement decision by the European Commission.*
- A major Italian collective system for the management of WEEE, in connection with all aspects of competition law and regulatory rules in relation to the merger with another main Italian collective system.*
- The captive bank of a major car manufacturer in connection with the antitrust follow on class action promoted by an Italian Consumer Association after the Italian Competition Authority's decision ascertaining the alleged infringement of Article 101 TFEU, consisting of an anticompetitive agreement relating to the placement of financial products linked to the sale of automobiles.
- A leading pharmaceutical company in connection with the appeal before the Council of State of the Italian Competition Authority's decision ascertaining a violation of Article 101 TFEU consisting of an "artificial differentiation" between two allegedly equivalent medicinal products in order to reduce the demand for the cheaper drug in favour of the more expensive competing product; as well as with the preliminary ruling before the European Union Court of Justice.*
- BC Partners and its portfolio company DP Group S.p.A (the holding company of the DentalPro group) in connection with the antitrust aspects of its acquisition of the entire share capital of Dental Franchising S.r.l., the holding company of the Vitaldent group, including notification and clearance by the Italian Competition Authority.
- An important Italian energy infrastructure company and its portfolio company in connection with the antirust aspects of the acquisition of the majority shareholding of two companies active in the energy sector, including notification and clearance by the Italian Competition Authority.*
- A major Italian investment bank in connection with the application filed before the Italian Competition Authority aimed at obtaining the revocation of the commitments imposed in the clearance of a previous merger operation with an Italian financial services holding company operating in the insurance and banking fields.*
Unfair commercial practices
- A major Italian financial company specialized in consumer credit in connection with the unfair commercial practice proceeding initiated by the Italian Competition Authority and the subsequent appeal before the administrative courts.*
- A major Italian retail store-chain in connection with the proceeding initiated by the Italian Competition Authority pursuant to Article 62 of Law Decree No. 1/2012 for alleged unfair trading practices against its own suppliers of fresh bread.*
* Carlotta worked on these matters prior to joining White & Case.