Chris is an associate in the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group in the Firm's Miami office. He focuses on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, cross-border investments, joint ventures and similar transactions in the United States and Latin America.
Recent representations include:
Credito Real S.A.B. de C.V. SOFOM ENR in the sale of its majority stake in Credito Real USA Finance LLC, a financial service company that provides auto loans in the United States.
Kimbell Royalty Partners, LP, a leading owner of oil and gas mineral royalty interests on its acquisitions of:
- Its $143.1 million acquisition of certain mineral and royalty interests held by MB Minerals, LP, a subsidiary of Sabalo Holdings; and
- Its $290 million acquisition of certain mineral and royalty interests held by Austin-based Hatch Royalty, LLC.
ABM Industries Inc., a leading provider of integrated facility services and solutions, in its acquisition of RavenVolt, Inc., a leading provider of advanced turn-key microgrid systems utilized by diverse commercial and industrial customers, national retailers, utilities and municipalities.
bolttech Holdings Ltd., an international insurtech company, in its US$196 million series B equity financing round, which values bolttech at more than US$1.6 billion.
Amadeus IT Group, a leader in the provision of transaction processing solutions, in its acquisition of Kambr, Inc., a Minnesota based company specializing in providing revenue management solutions for airlines.
EIG Global Energy Partners, a leading institutional investor in the global energy and infrastructure sectors, and Belgian LNG terminal operator Fluxys, on the joint acquisition of an 80% equity stake in GNL Quintero S.A., the largest liquefied natural gas regasification terminal in Chile, from Enagas Chile SpA and affiliates of OMERS Infrastructure.
QuintoAndar Ltd., a proptech unicorn startup company which has developeda real estate marketplace focused on rentals and sales, in its acquisition of Navent Group's real estate portals and operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru and Venezuela.
DFP Healthcare Acquisitions Corp. (NASDAQ: DFPH, DFPHW), a SPAC, in its US$842 million business combination with The Oncology Institute, a U.S. market-leader in value-based oncology care.
Sole Source Capital LLC, an industrial-focused private equity firm, in its acquisition of
- Lee Fish USA, a premium importer and value-added distributor of fresh and frozen seafood; and
- Westwood Laboratories, a contract manufacturer of consumer staple products in the beauty, personal car, pet and over-the-counter drug end markets.
Continental Resources, Inc., on its definitive agreement to buy certain assets in the Permian Basin from affiliates of Pioneer Natural Resources Company for US$3.25 billion.
Priority Power Management, an independent energy management services and consulting firm, in connection with a $250 million investment by funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
Schneider Electric Ventures in the following matters:
- its Series A preferred stock equity investment in Energetic Insurance, Inc., an InsurTech startup with a novel, data-driven approach to developing new insurance products for the renewable energy industry.
- its Series A-2 preferred stock equity investment in WattB, Inc., a clean energy platform that empowers enterprises to help customers choose affordable, clean energy options for their homes.
- its Series B preferred stock equity investment in Finite State, Inc., a provider of security solutions for connected devices, including IoT, medical devices, ICS, and other embedded systems
- its Series A preferred stock equity investment in Fabric8Labs, Inc., a developer of a non-thermal metal 3D printing process designed to offer an alternative to the current powder bed fusion technologies
- its investment in Augury Inc., a company focused on the development of predictive maintenance equipment
- its investment in Qmerit, a company focused on installation and integration solutions for energy transition technologies
Catalog Technologies, Inc., a company focused on the development of energy efficient, cost competitive and more secure DNA data storage technology, in its $35 million Series B equity financing round.
Deerfield Healthcare Technology Acquisitions Corp. (NASDAQ: DFHT), a SPAC, in its US$614 million business combination with CareMax Medical Group LLC and IMC Medical Group Holdings LLC, technology-enabled providers of value-based care to seniors.
Priority Power Management, an independent energy management services and consulting firm, in its acquisition of Satori Enterprises LLC (d/b/a Satori Energy), a leading energy consulting firm based out of Chicago, Illinois serving more than 55,000 industrial, municipal and residential clients in 25 states, the District of Columbia, Canada and Mexico.
Macquarie Infrastructure Corporation in its US$2.685 billion sale of International-Matex Tank Terminals, a bulk liquid terminals business, to Riverstone Holdings LLC.
bolttech Holdings Ltd., an international insurtech company, in its US$210 million series A equity financing round, which values bolttech at more than US$1 billion - giving bolttech unicorn status only one year after its launch in 2020.
Schneider Electric, a global player in energy management and automation, on its US$2.1 billion (₹14,000 crore) acquisition of Larsen & Toubro Electrical & Automation, and on the subsequent consortium between Schneider Electric and Temasek Holdings Private Ltd., Singapore's Sovereign Wealth Fund. The transaction was named "Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year (Over US$1 billion)" by the M&A Advisor (2020).
ARM Energy Holdings, LLC in connection with the formation of ARM Resource Partners, LLC (ARM Resources) with a capital commitment from EIV Capital, LLC. ARM Resources will focus on making investments in various non-operating working interests, producing and non-producing mineral interests, royalty interests and other passive upstream investments within the United States.
Schneider Electric, a market leader in energy and automation digital solutions, on the formation of GreenStruxure, a joint venture with Huck Capital and certain individuals that will comprise the management team of GreenStruxure, which will deliver energy-as-a-service projects in the North America market up to 10MW in size.
Itron, Inc. in the sale of its Latin American subsidiaries comprising its manufacturing and sales operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico.
Levi Strauss & Co. on its acquisition of approximately 80 retail stores in Bolivia, Chile and Peru from The Jeans Company (TJC).
Avon Rubber p.l.c. on its strategic acquisition of 3M's ballistic-protection business in the United States.
Macquarie's Green Investment Group in the sale of its portfolio of battery energy storage companies, which own projects in the Los Angeles basin with a total capacity of 60MW/340MWh.*
Schlumberger on its joint venture with Rockwell Automation, Sensia, which will be the first fully integrated digital oilfield automation solutions provider.*
*Matters worked on prior to joining White & Case.
Context is King: Lawyer Dogs, Pure Applesauce, and Your Miranda Right to Counsel, 92 Tul. L. Rev. Online 1 (Feb. 2018).
Borrowed Employees & Period of Employment Analysis in the Seaman Status Inquiry: The Fifth Circuit's Rejection of a Brightline Rule in Wilcox v. Wild Well Control, Inc., 91 Tul. L. Rev.1045 (2017).
Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
Order of the Coif