Christopher Hinman | White & Case LLP International Law Firm, Global Law Practice

Christopher Hinman

Associate, New York

T +1 212 819 8328

E chris.hinman@whitecase.com

Overview

Chris is an associate in the New York office and a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property Group. Chris' practice focuses on transactional and litigation matters involving intellectual property, technology and data privacy issues.

Chris' work includes representing technology companies in commercial transactions involving the development, licensing and transfer of intellectual property, information technology, data and other technology assets. Chris has assisted with intellectual property transactions including acquisitions, mergers and initial public offerings, as well as strategic outsourcing arrangements.

Bars and Courts

  • New York State Bar

Education

  • JD, Notre Dame Law School
  • BS, Cornell University

Languages

  • English

Experience

Representation of Intel Corporation in the acquisition of an Italian IoT and self-driving safety technology company.

Representation of Intel Corporation in the acquisition of an AI/deep learning software company.

Representation of brand management company Iconix Brand Group, Inc. (Iconix) in the US$345 million sale of its entertainment division to DHX Media Ltd. Iconix's entertainment division included an 80 percent controlling interest in the Peanuts branded business, including content featuring Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Lucy and other well-known characters, and 100 percent of the Strawberry Shortcake business and its related characters. The remaining 20 percent interest in Peanuts, which is licensed in more than 100 countries, will continue to be held by the family of Charles M. Schulz, creator of Peanuts. Strawberry Shortcake has more than 350 licenses.

Representation of Panasonic Corporation (Panasonic) in its US$1.545 billion acquisition of Hussman Corporation (Hussman), a Missouri-based manufacturer of high-tech refrigerated display cases and systems.  Panasonic agreed with Hussman Parent Inc., Hussman’s parent company, and private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice, the representative shareholders of Hussman Parent Inc., to buy 100 percent of the shares of Hussman Parent, Inc.  The acquisition enabled Panasonic to expand its display case business and food distribution solutions in the US.

Representation of a major financial institution as primary outside technology counsel worldwide. We advise the client in its outsourcing strategies and in the development of its internal global and local sourcing policies and practices.

Representation of a life sciences company in an IT infrastructure transformation project. We established a community marketplace to allow for a multi-sourced environment and negotiated global framework outsourcing agreements with various vendors.