Chunlei Pang is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group based in Shanghai. His practice includes both mergers & acquisitions and white collar matters.
His experience includes advising on corporate transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, as well as general corporate advisory, for multinational companies in a wide range of industries. His experience also includes pre-transaction compliance due diligence, corporate compliance and FCPA/anti-corruption related investigations.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of Grupo Bimbo, one of the largest baking Company in the world headquartered in Mexico, on the acquisition of the Mankattan Group's bakery business in China.
- Representation of Magna Steyr, an international automotive contract manufacturer, on its joint ventures with Beijing Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd.
- Representation of Bytedance, an Internet technology company headquartered in Beijing, as investor on the series A1 financing of DeepAssist, Inc.
- Representation of Alvotech, a new player in the field of biopharmaceuticals, on its cooperation and joint venture with Changchun High & New Technology Industries (Group) Inc.
- Representation of Rewalk, a Nasdaq listed company with wearable robotic exoskeleton as key products, on its cooperation with Realcan Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., a China-based medical service provider.
White Collar and Compliance
- Representation of a European multinational chemical products company in an internal compliance investigation resulting from anonymous whistleblower allegations. This matter involved issues surrounding the company's use of agents and distributors.
- Representation of a multinational media company on two high profile internal corporate investigations arising out of allegations of financial fraud and commercial bribery regarding its China operations.
- Conducting compliance risk assessment and developing a series of group-level compliance policies across a range of areas for a multinational pharmaceutical company, including anticorruption, data compliance, export control and sanctions, environment, that covers Brazil, France, Germany, India, Netherland and Spain.
- Representation of a leading multinational real estate developer on compliance issues arising out of its China operations, ranging from gifts, meals, hospitalities, to use of vendors and contractors, as well as a series of internal investigations into allegations of fraud, conflicts of interests and bribery.
- Conducting pre-transaction compliance due diligence for international leading investment banks and private equity firms in private equity and mergers and acquisitions transactions.