Colin is recommended by Chambers UK, 2023 as “a go-to adviser in the leveraged finance space. He is always perfectly aware of what matters most to his clients, what the legal and commercial implications of all details are.”
Colin Harley heads the Firm's Banking practice in the EMEA region. Colin focuses on advising financial sponsors and alternative capital providers on leveraged acquisition finance and financial restructurings. Clients benefit from his experience, pragmatism and technical understanding of leveraged loans and debt restructuring transactions.
Bars and Courts
England and Wales
University of Edinburgh
Diploma in Legal Practice
University of Edinburgh
Recent representative transactions include advising:
- Carlyle European Technology Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in international digital marketing agency Incubeta Holdings International Limited.
- A global provider of authentication solutions to Fortune 500 and governments in connection with its US$50 million refinancing.
- Triton on the debt financing of its acquisition of utilities contractor OCU Group Limited.
- Inflexion Private Equity Partners (Inflexion) on the acquisition financing for the investment by its Buyout Fund VI in K2 Partnering Solutions.
- Exponent Private Equity (Exponent) on the debt finance aspects of a significant investment in the Xeinadin Group, a group of business advisory and accountancy practices.
- Triton on its £1.2 billion recommended takeover offer for Clinigen Group plc and the £775 million financing of the same.
- Castik Capital on the debt financing for its acquisitions of ARTUS and Hestia groups, Customs Support Group, AllDent, Alpega and Waterlogic.
- Waterlogic Group, a leading provider of point-of-use water purification dispensers and Castik Capital portfolio company, on its US$925 million (equivalent) TLB refinancing.
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj on Bain Capital's recommended cash tender offer for all the shares in Ahlstrom-Munksjö.
- Carlyle European Technology Partners on the debt financing aspects of its acquisitions of Disguise, 1E and Live U.
- Ocorian, an Inflexion Private Equity Partners portfolio company, on the acquisitions of Estera, a leading global provider of funds, corporate and trust services, and Nordic Trustee, the leading bond trustee and loan agency provider in the Nordics.
- Inflexion Private Equity Partners and Informa plc on the debt financing for their acquisition of Novantas.
- GSO Capital Partners LP and its affiliates on a three-tier financing package to support Advent International's approximately £4 billion acquisition of leading global technology and services innovator Cobham plc.
- Blue Water Energy on the debt finance aspects of its acquisitions of Severn Glocon and Varel International.