Colin Harley heads the Firm's Banking practice in the EMEA region. Colin focuses on advising financial sponsors and alternative capital providers on leveraged acquisition finance and financial restructurings. Clients benefit from his experience, pragmatism and technical understanding of leveraged loans and debt restructuring transactions.
Recent representative transactions include advising:
- Castik Capital on the debt financing for its agreed acquisition of a majority stake in Customs Support Group, a leading customs services provider in Europe.
- Waterlogic Group, a leading provider of point-of-use water purification dispensers and Castik Capital portfolio company, on its US$490 million (equivalent) refinancing (having also represented Castik Capital on the take private acquisition of the company and the subsequent bolt-on acquisition of PHS-Waterlogic) and subsequent incremental facility raises.
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj on Bain Capital's recommended cash tender offer for all the shares in Ahlstrom-Munksjö.
- Inflexion Private Equity on the acquisition of Estera, a leading global provider of funds, corporate and trust services, from international private equity firm, Bridgepoint.
- Blue Water Energy on the debt financing of its acquisition of Varel International, a global supplier of drilling solutions focused on the Oil & Gas sector.
- GSO Capital Partners LP and its affiliates on a three-tier financing package to support Advent International's approximately £4 billion acquisition leading global technology and services innovator Cobham plc.
- Blue Water Energy on the debt finance aspects of its acquisition of Severn Glocon.
- Azets Group (formerly CogitalGroup (an HgCapital portfolio company) on its group debt facilities (having previously represented HgCapital in connection with the acquisitions of (i) Visma's former BPO division (ii) Baldwins and (iii) Blick Rothenberg to form CogitalGroup.
- GSO Capital Partners LP on the financing of Advent International's take-private acquisition of Laird PLC, which won Loans Deal of the Year at the 2019 IFLR European Awards.
- BlueBay Asset Management LLP and Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG in connection with the provision of over €300 million facilities (including a unitranche facility, super senior term and revolving credit facilities and a committed acquisition facility) in connection with the acquisition by Castik Capital S.à.r.l. of two IP warehousing businesses (IPAN and Delegate.)
- PPF Group on its acquisition of Telenor's telecommunications assets in Central & Eastern Europe for €2.8 billion.
- Castik Capital on the financing by Ardian of Castik's acquisition of Wolters Klouwer's transport services division (now rebranded as Alpega) and subsequent financing of Alpega's acquisition of Wotrant Technologies.
- HgCapital as part of a consortium including Singapore sovereign wealth fund GIC, Montagu Private Equity and Intermediate Capital Group with the NOK45 billion (US$5.3 billion) acquisition of business technology provider Visma. White & Case acted on the PIK Facility and the Anti-Trust aspect of the transaction.
- Anchorage on the financing of the acquisition by French telecoms investor NJJ of a majority interest in eir.
- Arjun Infrastructure Partners on its investments in South Staffordshire Water and Welcome Break.
- WOM S.A. (a Novator Partners portfolio company) on its bank/bond financing (to refinance various rounds of vendor financing from China Development Bank and Huawei following the acquisition of WOM by Novator Partners.)