Daniel Abercromby is a Partner in White & Case's Asia Debt Finance and Restructuring practice, based in Hong Kong, and joint-leader of the Firm's Asia Sponsor Finance practice.
Daniel represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as credit and other special situations funds, in a wide variety of financings in the Asia-Pacific region, with a particular focus on India, South-East Asia and Greater China. He has extensive experience on leveraged and acquisition financings, direct lending transactions and special situations investments, together with the refinancing and restructuring of such transactions.
Prior to joining White & Case, Daniel worked at a leading global law firm based in Hong Kong. Daniel has also been seconded to two international banks in London and Singapore for extended periods to support the leveraged finance and project finance teams respectively.
Daniel has been recognized as as a recommended lawyer for Hong Kong Banking & Finance by Asia-Pacific Legal 500 2022 and as a Notable Practitioner by IFLR1000 2021, and has been highlighted by Asia-Pacific Legal 500 2022 as a key member of White & Case's Tier 1-ranked India team.
Daniel's experience includes advising:
- TPG Capital on the approximately US$200 million-equivalent financing for Singapore-based private and international education group XCL Education and Vietnam-based private and international education group VAS.
- DigitalBridge (NASDAQ: DBRG) on the HK$1.8 billion financing for its flagship private equity fund's US$750 million carve-out acquisition of data center assets in Hong Kong and Malaysia from PCCW.
- Advent International on a number of acquisition finance, structured finance and margin loan transactions, including the leveraged financings for its acquisitions of RA Chem Pharma, ZCL Chemicals, Eureka Forbes, Avra Labs and TTK Healthcare's pharma business as well as the refinancing and upsize of the facility used for its acquisition of Manjushree Technopak.
- TA Associates on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of a controlling stake in Zifo RnD Solutions.
- A global special situations investor on a complex onshore / offshore financing to fund the acquisition of an Indian beverages business.
- A global special situtations investor on various investments in South-East Asia and India, including a number of financings to Indonesian borrowers.
- An international Private Equity sponsor on a mezzanine financing in respect of its investment in a group of Myanmar companies.*
- KKR & Co. L.P. on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of the EuroKids pre-school chain in India.*
- Blackstone Real Estate Partners on a margin loan in connection with its investment in the listed Embassy Office Parks REIT in India, the first offshore margin loan of its kind in India.*
- Blackstone Capital Partners on the leveraged financing for its buy-out of Shya Hsin.*
- Blackstone Capital Partners and Blackstone Real Estate Partners on the leveraged financing for their acquisition of Global Sources Inc, including opco/propco facilities.*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case.