Daniel Abercromby is a Partner in White & Case's Asia Debt Finance and Restructuring practice, based in Hong Kong.
Daniel represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as credit and other special situations funds, in a wide variety of financings in the Asia-Pacific region, with a particular focus on South-East Asia, India and Greater China. He has extensive experience on leveraged and acquisition financings, direct lending transactions and special situations investments, together with the refinancing and restructuring of such transactions.
Prior to joining White & Case, Daniel worked at a leading global law firm based in Hong Kong. Daniel was seconded to two international banks in London and Singapore for extended periods to support the leveraged finance and project finance teams respectively.
Daniel has been recognized as a "highly regarded" lawyer for Banking & Finance by Asia-Pacific Legal 500 2020 and as a Notable Practitioner by IFLR1000 2020.
Daniel's experience includes advising:
- Advent International on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of a controlling stake in ZCL Chemicals Limited.
- Advent International on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of a controlling stake in RA Chem Pharma.*
- An international Private Equity sponsor on a mezzanine financing in respect of its investment in a group of Myanmar companies.*
- KKR & Co. L.P. on the leveraged financing for its acquisition of the EuroKids pre-school chain in India.*
- An international credit fund on its investment in a distressed Indian industrial group.
- Blackstone Real Estate Partners on a margin loan in connection with its investment in the listed Embassy Office Parks REIT in India, the first offshore margin loan of its kind in India.*
- Blackstone Capital Partners on the leveraged financing for its buy-out of Shya Hsin.*
- Blackstone Capital Partners and Blackstone Real Estate Partners on the leveraged financing for their acquisition of Global Sources Inc, including opco/propco facilities.*
*Daniel's experience prior to joining White & Case.