Daniel Abercromby is a Partner in White & Case's Asia Debt Finance and Restructuring practice, based in Hong Kong, and joint-leader of the firm's Asia Sponsor Finance practice.
Daniel represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as credit and other special situations funds, in a wide variety of financings in the Asia-Pacific region, with a particular focus on India, South-East Asia and Greater China. He has extensive experience on leveraged and acquisition financings, direct lending transactions and special situations investments, together with the refinancing and restructuring of such transactions.
Prior to joining White & Case, Daniel worked at a leading global law firm based in Hong Kong. Daniel has also been seconded to two international banks in London and Singapore for extended periods to support the leveraged finance and project finance teams respectively.
Daniel has been recognized as a recommended lawyer for Hong Kong Banking & Finance by Asia-Pacific Legal 500 2023 and as a Notable Practitioner by IFLR1000 2021 - 2022, and has been highlighted by Asia-Pacific Legal 500 2023 as a key member of White & Case's Tier 1-ranked India team.
Daniel's experience includes advising:
- Advent International on a number of acquisition finance, structured finance and margin loan transactions, including:
- the leveraged financings for its acquisitions of RA Chem Pharma, ZCL Chemicals, Eureka Forbes, Avra Labs and TTK Healthcare's pharma business.
- the refinancing and upsize of the facility used for its acquisition of Manjushree Technopak.
- DigitalBridge (NASDAQ: DBRG) on a number of financings, including:
- the MYR1.125 billion financing for its purchase of a major stake in the data center business of Malaysian telecoms firm TIME dotCom.
- the HK$1.8 billion financing for its flagship private equity fund's US$750 million carve-out acquisition of data center assets in Hong Kong and Malaysia from PCCW.
- TA Associates on a number of financings, including the leveraged financing for its acquisition of a controlling stake in Zifo RnD Solutions.
- TPG Capital on a number of financings, including the approximately US$200 million-equivalent financing for Singapore-based private and international education group XCL Education and Vietnam-based private and international education group VAS.
- A global special situations investor on a complex onshore / offshore financing to fund the acquisition of an Indian beverages business.
- A global special situations investor on various investments in South-East Asia and India, including a number of financings to Indonesian borrowers.
Notable Practitioner, Chambers Greater China Region 2023
Banking & Finance: Leveraged & Acquisition Finance (International Firms) – China
Notable Practitioner, IFLR1000 2021 - 2022
Leverage Finance – Hong Kong