David Riihonen is an associate within the Nordic Private Equity team in our Global M&A Practice in Stockholm and joined White & Case in 2017. David mainly advises Nordic private equity houses and has experience from assisting clients with M&A, LBOs, complex carve-outs and corporate matters in various industries.
Prior to joining White & Case, David worked with private equity as an associate at another law firm.
Representation of IFS, a cloud enterprise software provider, and its shareholders including EQT, on a significant investment by Hg, a private equity investor focused on software and services businesses.
Representation of Altor Fund V, a family of private equity funds investing in and developing medium sized companies, on a growth investment in Svea Solar, one of Europe's fastest growing cleantech companies offering solutions for sustainable living including solar panel systems, batteries and electric car chargers.
Representation of Karo Pharma AB, a specialty pharma company that develops and markets products for pharmacies as well as directly to the healthcare sector, on the divestment of Swereco AB and its hospital supply business, to J2L Holding AB, a Swedish private investment company.
Representation of EQT and its portfolio company Iver, a Nordic IT operating service provider, on its acquisition of City Network International AB, a leading global supplier of IT infrastructure cloud services based on OpenStack.
Representation of EQT and its portfolio company Iver, a Swedish IT services provider, on the acquisition of Britt Sweden AB and its subsidiaries.
Representation of EQT, a leading global investment firm, on:
- the divestment of IP-Only, a leading independent provider of fiber-based data communication and datacenter services in Sweden.
- the public cash offer to the shareholders of Karo Pharma, a company that specializes in the sale and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter products.
- the divestment of Piab, a leader in industrial vacuum-based automation and robot components, to Patricia Industries.
- the carveout of DGC’s, an IT service management company, data communication operations to IP-Only, a leading independent provider of fiber-based data communication and datacenter services in Sweden.
- the restructuring of its portfolio companies Candidator, a Swedish managed IT services provider with capabilities for full IT outsourcing in Sweden and Norway, and DGC, an IT service management company, to form the new portfolio company Iver, creating a substantially larger managed IT services provider.
- the acquisition of Candidator, a Swedish managed IT services provider with capabilities for full IT outsourcing in Sweden and Norway.
- the sale of a minority stake in Anticimex, a global leader in preventative pest control, to a small group of blue chip investors.
- the acquisition of IT Gården, a IT service provider to SMEs in southern Sweden, from Norvestor, through its portfolio company Iver, a leading IT services provider.
- the acquisition of Solid Park, a Swedish managed IT services provider, through its portfolio company Iver, a leading IT services provider.
- the acquisition of Alliero Services, a provider of IT services and IT consulting, through its portfolio company Iver, a leading IT services provider.
- the acquisition of WiseCon, a provider of IOT based equipment for rodent control, through its portfolio company Anticimex, a global leader in preventative pest control.
Representation of Fazer, one of the largest corporations in the Finnish food industry, on the acquisition of Froosh, a leading smoothie brand in the Nordics, from Unilever Ventures, the venture capital and private equity arm of multinational conglomerate, Unilever.
Representation of DUAL Co. Ltd., the listed South Korea-based manufacturer of car interior materials and products, on the acquisition of Borgstena Group Sweden, the Sweden-based automotive textile supplier.
Representation of Accent, a Nordic investment firm, on the acquisition of Oral Care, a Swedish provider of private dental care, from Procuritas, a private equity company specialised in initiating, structuring and financing buy-outs.
Representation of Coupa, a Nasdaq-listed software company, on the acquisition of Trade Extensions, a sourcing optimisation software firm.
Representation of Synthomer, a leading supplier of aqueous polymers, on the carveout of Perstorp Oxo Belgium from Perstorp, a leader in the specialty chemicals market.
Representation of Verlinvest, a private family-owned consumer-focused investment company, and China Resources, a Chinese state-owned conglomerate that owns a variety of business in Hong Kong and Mainland China, on their investment in Oatly, Sweden’s leading dairy free lifestyle brand.
Representation of Valedo, a Swedish investment company, on:
- the establishment of Origo Group, a Swedish research company, through the parallel acquisitions of CMA Research, a Swedish market research company and Markör Marknad & Kommunikation, a research services provider.
- the divestment of Akademikliniken, a provider of aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, to Polaris.
Representation of Fazer, one of the largest corporations in the Finnish food industry, on the acquisition of Frebaco Kvarn, a food production company.
Representation of Adelis, a private equity firm focused on middle market investments in the Nordic region, on the acquisition of Nordomatic, a provider of energy-efficient and cloud-based building automation systems.
Aktier som underlag för företagshypotek, Juridisk Tidskrift 2015/16 s. 400, (author)