Deji Adegoke is an associate in our Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance group based in the London office. Deji has acted for lenders, sponsors and borrowers in project finance transactions, reserve based lendings and corporate and acquisition financings covering a wide range of sectors such as oil & gas, mining, infrastructure and telecoms.
Representative experience includes:
- Vale S.A. and Mitsui & Co., Ltd in connection with the development and financing of the Nacala Project. The project includes the construction and financing of a new rail line to connect the Moatize mine in Tete to the existing railway line in Malawi, the rehabilitation of the existing line in the Malawi rail network, and in Mozambique between Nkaya and Monapo, the construction of a new branch line, connecting the existing railway line and the port, and the construction of a new coal port terminal in Nacala-à-Velha. This transaction was awarded "Transportation and Infrastructure Team of the Year" by The African Legal Awards, "Logistics Deal of the Year" (2018) by Project Finance International "Best Africa Infrastructure Deal of the Year" (2018) by Jeune Afrique Magazine "African Transport deal of the Year" (2017) by IJGlobal and the deal team was awarded, The Lawyer's "Energy and Infrastructure Team of the Year" (2018);
- representation of a syndicate of lenders in connection with the refinancing of the Moma Titanium Minerals Mine in Mozambique;
- advising Ncondezi Coal Company in connection with the construction of a 300MW coal-fired power plant and associated coal mine development in Tete Province, Mozambique, including advice on power purchase agreement, power concessions agreement and grid connection arrangement;
- the project sponsors in connection with a proposed joint venture agreement and earn-in with respect to the exploration and development of nickel mining assets in Nigeria; and
- Vale S.A. in respect of the project financing and development of an IPP under a concession in Moatize, Mozambique.