Dmitriy is an associate in the Dispute Resolution practice in Dubai. He represents clients in complex, cross-border disputes often involving states and multinational corporations. Dmitriy predominantly focuses on investment arbitration, as well as banking and finance disputes.
Dmitriy's recent and ongoing matters include advising and representing:
- A contractor in an SCC arbitration against a Central Asian state and a state concern. The dispute relates to the construction of an ore fertiliser plant under a US$1 billion contract.
- A major social networking service in a range of disputes in courts pertaining to defamation, personal data protection and compliance with regulatory framework applicable to social media.
- A group of companies producing car heating and air-conditioning systems in the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (ICAC) in a dispute against a large car manufacturer arising out of a supply agreement and, in the Commercial Court of Samara, in a multijurisdictional dispute initiated by the car manufacturer arising out of a refusal to supply car components.
- A private company and a major German bank in a set of disputes in various jurisdictions in connection with the insolvency of Probusinessbank and dissipation of its assets orchestrated by its former shareholders. In particular, Dmitry represented an independent creditor of Probusinessbank in a dispute stemming from the dissipation of Probusinessbank's assets by its former shareholders and management. Following a year-long trial, the Moscow Commercial Court recovered US$185.34 million from the British Dinosaur Merchant Bank, holding that this bank was a party to fraudulent transactions involving the transfer of Probusinessbank assets abroad.
- Belarus in investment treaty claims commenced by (i) Grand Express under the ICSID Additional Facility Rules concerning insolvency of a railcar producing plant; (ii) Delta Belarus Holding BV under the ICSID Rules in connection with the revocation of Delta Bank's licence; and (iii) Pavilniu saules slenis 14 and Modus grupe under the ICSID Rules concerning the construction of a business center with a hotel and a multi-level car park in the Minsk airport's territory.
- The Russian Federation in a multibillion dollar investment treaty claim commenced by a high-profile individual under the UNCITRAL rules.
- Credit Europe Bank N.V. and its Russian subsidiary, Credit Europe Bank JSC, in insolvency proceedings of Art Aztek Ltd. and in a range of related debt recovery cases concerning the company and its beneficiaries in Russia and the Isle of Man.
- International holding company in connection with a potential corporate dispute over distribution of dividends involving multiple jurisdictions and legal regimes.