Evgeny's experience includes advising:
SIBUR Holding, Russia's leading petrochemicals giant, in connection with:
- US$ multi-billion acquisition and merger with TAIF Group, creating a petrochemical giant valued at US$27 billion and making SIBUR the world's top five polymer producer. The deal was awarded "Deal of the Year" by Forbes Russia at the end of 2021.
- disposal of a 40 percent interest in Amur Gas Chemical Complex (Amur GCC) (US$10 billion project) to China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), China's leading energy and chemical company, within the JV deal.
- acting as financial advisor to the seller – RZD-Infrastructure Projects (subsidiary of Russian Railways) – in connection with its sale of a stake in Sukhodol, a major seaport in the Russian Far East, and the refinancing of the Russian Railways loan to Sukhodol.
- in connection with US$250 million investment in a Russian online cinema platform Ivi.ru; as well as advising the two co-investors, Millhouse and Invest AG, with respect to DD.
- acting as financial advisor and auction manager to UTLC (a subsidiary of the Russian Railways) in the US$968 million sale of 50% + 2 shares in the charter capital of PJSC Transcontainer via auction process.
Sber and co-investors in connection with acquisition of 75% stake in Prosveshcheniye, the largest brand in the educational books market in Russia. The deal is valued at approximately US$1 billion and represents a vital step toward digitalization of the educational process in Russia.
Rostelecom, an unrivalled Russian leader in the telecom industry:
- on the disposal of a 44.8 percent stake in SafeData LLC (SafeData), the leading data centers and cloud services provider in Russia, to Russia-based VTB Bank for US$464.3 million (RUB 35 billion).
- on the acquisition of DataLine, a leading Russian data-center services provider, for approximately US$280 million.
- on the acquisition of 75% of the developer of Sailfish mobile operating system.
VTB Bank in connection with:
- VTB Bank in connection with the US$2 billion sale of the 55% stake in Tele2 Russia to Rostelecom, the Russian telecom giant, and further acquisition of up to 30% shares of Rostelecom.
- Acquisition of a major stake in Vozrozhdenie Bank.
- Acquisition of Tele2 Russia from Tele2 AB as a private equity investment for US$3.55 billion.
Moscow Exchange in the acquisition of a stake in e-fx trading platform BierbaumPro AG.
Canon Medical Systems Corp., a Japanese medical equipment company, on its agreement with leading Russian healthcare provider R-Pharm Holding to establish a diagnostic imaging equipment joint venture that covers nine members of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), including Russia.
Russia-China Investment Fund and Mubadala in connection with the establishment of a joint venture with UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) which will focus on the development and expansion of UFC's mixed martial arts (MMA) business in Russia and CIS countries.
Rising star in Corporate/M&A
"Their senior associate Evgeny Chernyavsky is a rising star and has a can-do mentality." Legal 500, 2021, Russia