Frank Lupinacci is a partner in the Mergers and Acquisitions Group, and is resident in the New York office. Frank focuses on the representation of domestic and non-US private equity funds and corporate clients in connection with domestic and global acquisitions, corporate carve-outs, leveraged buyouts, dispositions, and rollover equity investments in a broad range of industries, in both competitive processes and bilateral negotiations. He also provides general corporate and governance advice.
Recent transactions include the representation of:
Saudi Arabian Oil Company, in its:
- US$2.65 billion carve-out acquisition of Valvoline Inc.'s (NYSE: VVV) Global Products Business;
- US$69.1 billion acquisition of a 70 percent stake in Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) from the Public Investment Fund. The transaction was named "M&A Deal of the Year (Over US$50 billion)" by The M&A Advisor (2020); and
- acquisition of Motiva Enterprises LLC from its joint venture partner Royal Dutch Shell PLC.
Pernod Ricard, in its:
- acquisition of multiple minority equity stakes of Sovereign Brands and its portfolio of fast-growing super premium wine and spirits brands;
- acquisition of a 20% interest in Sotol Nocheluna, LLC, a producer and marketer of sotol spirits;
- acquisition of control of Rabbit Hole Spirits, LLC, a US premium bourbon brand based in Kentucky, from its founder; and
- acquisition of Firestone & Robertson Distilling, owner of the TX brand, a leading whiskey brand headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, from its founder and private equity owners.
The Sonnenberg Family, the controlling equity holder of Hunter Douglas N.V., a Dutch multinational corporation and the global market leader in window coverings and architectural products, in its US$7.1 billion sale to large Brazilian private equity firm 3G Capital, and related rollover investment.
Avon Protection p.l.c. (LON: AVON), an innovative technology group, specializing in chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear and respiratory protection systems, in its:
- US$233 million sale of its dairy division, milkrite | InterPuls;
- acquisition of Team Wendy, LLC, a supplier of critical protective systems including helmets and helmet liner and retention systems for military and first responders; and
- acquisition of 3M's (NYSE: MMM) ballistic-protection business in the United States and the rights to the Ceradyne brand.
Fusion Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: FUSE), a SPAC, in its US$2.2 billion business combination with MoneyLion Inc., America's leading digital financial platform.
Helix Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: HLXA), a SPAC, in its US$230 million business combination with MoonLake Immunotherapeutics AG, a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on creating next-level therapies for inflammatory skin and joint diseases.
Forum Merger III Corporation (NASDAQ: FIII), a SPAC, in its US$1.4 billion business combination with Electric Last Mile, Inc., an electric vehicle company.
Roark Capital Group and its portfolio company Inspire Brands, Inc., a global multi-brand restaurant company, in its:
- US$2.3 billion acquisition of Sonic. Corp. (NASDAQ:SONC), a drive-in fast food restaurant chain based in Oklahoma;
- US$450 million purchase of The Wendy's Company's (NASDAQ: WEN) remaining minority ownership interest in Inspire Brands; and
- US$2.9 billion acquisition of Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BWLD), an established international owner, operator and franchisor of quick-service restaurants.
Summa Equity, a Nordic private equity sponsor, in its:
- acquisition of CytoSmart, a Dutch live cell imaging innovator, by portfolio company Axion BioSystems;
- acquisition of Axion BioSystems, a US life science tools business and leading provider specializing in the development, production, and marketing of MEA (Microelectrode Arrays) and impedance technologies; and
- acquisition of Olink Proteomics Holding AB, a Swedish life science company.
Triton Investment Management Ltd., in its:
- acquisition of TDS (Time Data Security) Ltd, an access control company based in Ireland by portfolio company ACRE Operating Group; and
- acquisition of ACRE Operating Group, LLC, a leading end-to-end security solutions provider.
Cordiant Digital Infrastructure Limited, in its acquisition of DataGryd Data Centers, LLC, a New York owner and operator of data centers.
Newlight Partners LP, in connection with certain equity and debt investments in Sunnova Energy International Inc. (NYSE: NOVA), a leading residential solar and energy storage service provider.
Quad-C Management, Inc., in its US$1.2 billion sale of AIT Worldwide Logistics Holdings, Inc., a leading global provider of transportation and logistics solutions, to The Jordan Company.
HgCapital, a specialist private equity investor focused on software and service businesses, in its acquisition of Intelerad Medical Systems, a leading global provider of medical imaging software and enterprise workflow solutions.
Investindustrial, a leading European private equity firm, in its acquisition of Jacuzzi® brands, from investment funds affiliated with each of Apollo Global Management, LLC, Ares Management Corporation, and Clearlake Capital Group, L.P.
Harvest Partners, in its:
- acquisition of PeopleTicker, a leading independent compensation software company, by portfolio company PRO Unlimited;
- sale of BHI Investments, a leading specialty energy services company, to AE Industrial Partners;
- acquisition of FCX Holdings Corp., a provider of process flow control solutions and products to a variety of process industries, and the subsequent representation of FCX Performance, Inc. in its acquisition of Corrosion Fluid Products Corp., a Michigan-based distributor of pumps, valves, fiberglass and specialty lined pipe, hose and fittings; and
- acquisition of DCA Investment Holdings LLC, one of the largest multi-branded dental support organizations in the United States.
Blue Water Energy LLP, in its acquisition of Authentix, a leading global authentication and information services company based in Dallas, which assists customers in combating illicit trade and managing the integrity of their global supply chains, from The Carlyle Group.
Hess Corporation (NYSE: HES), in its US$850 million sale of its US East Coast and St. Lucia terminal network to an affiliate of Buckeye Partners LP.
Fortis Inc. (NYSE: FTS), in its US$1.5 billion acquisition of CH Energy Group Inc., a regulated transmission and distribution utility. The transaction, which marks the initial entry by Fortis into the US-regulated electric and gas utility marketplace, was named "Energy Deal of the Year" by The M&A Advisor (2013).
Leading Lawyer for M&A in the United States, Euromoney, 2022
Rising Star for M&A in the United States, Euromoney, 2021
Named to The M&A Advisor's list of "40 under 40 Emerging Leaders" for Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016