Associate, New York
Grayson is an associate in the Firm's Tax Group. His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border tax aspects of financing transactions, securities offerings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Bars and Courts
New York State Bar
University of Pennsylvania Law School
Utah State University
Representative matters include:
- Representation of CM Life Sciences III (NASDAQ: CMLT), a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of Casdin Capital, LLC and Corvex Management LP, in its US$3.65 billion business combination with EQRx, Inc.
- Representation of Sempra Energy, one of North America's leading energy infrastructure companies, in its US$3.37 billion sale to KKR of a non-controlling, 20 percent interest in Sempra Energy's new business platform, Sempra Infrastructure Partners, which integrates Sempra LNG, a leading developer of liquefied natural gas export infrastructure with IEnova (Infraestructura Energetica Nova, S.A.B. de C.V.), one of the largest private energy companies in Mexico. The transaction values Sempra Infrastructure Partners at approximately US$25.2 billion, including expected asset-related debt at closing of US$8.37 billion.
- Representation of HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: CAPA), a SPAC sponsored by HighCape Capital LP, a healthcare growth equity fund, in its US$1.46 billion business combination with Quantum-Si Incorporated, a pioneer in next generation semiconductor chip-based proteomics.
- Representation of CM Life Sciences II (NASDAQ: CMII), a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of Casdin Capital, LLC and Corvex Management LP, in its US$1.23 billion business combination with SomaLogic, Inc., a protein biomarker discovery and clinical diagnostics company.
- Representation of Helix Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: HLXA), a SPAC, in its US$230 million business combination with MoonLake Immunotherapeutics AG, a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on creating next-level therapies for inflammatory skin and joint diseases.
- Representation of Cobepa S.A. in:
- the acquisition of MicroConstants Inc., a San Diego-based contract research organization, by BioAgilytix Labs, LLC, a portfolio company of Cobepa.
- the disposition and reinvestment of a portion of its position in Gen II Fund Services, LLC to a consortium of investors including General Atlantic and Hg.
- Representation of EnCap Investments L.P., a leading private equity firm specializing in the energy industry, in its sale of a 50 percent stake in Broad Reach Power LLC, one of the premier independent utility-scale energy storage and renewable energy platforms in the US and a portfolio company of EnCap, to affiliates of Apollo Global Management, Inc.
- Representation of Advania AB, an IT services provider and portfolio company of Goldman Sachs AMD, in its acquisition of Content+Cloud, a Microsoft-focused cloud services and digital transformation partner based in the UK.
- Representation of Bolttech Holdings Ltd., an international insurtech company, on its US$180 million series A equity financing round, which values bolttech at more than US$1 billion - giving bolttech unicorn status only one year after its launch in 2020. Activant Capital Group acted as lead investor in the eqiuty financing round.
- Representation of Grupo Verzatec in its pending US$360 million acquisition of the engineered materials business of Crane Co.
- Representation of NTT DATA, Inc., a recognized leader in global information technology services, in its acquisition of Nexient, LLC, a US-based software services firm.
- Representation of PRO Unlimited, a Harvest Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of PeopleTicker, a leading independent compensation software company.
- Representation of Schneider Electric in connection with the formation of a joint venture with Huck Capital and certain individuals that will comprise the management team of the newly launched joint venture, which will deliver energy-as-a-service projects in the North America market up to 10MW in size.