Heidi Hietanen is a senior associate whose practice focuses on capital market transactions, including equity and debt offerings, as well as mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Heidi advises clients on general corporate law and securities regulatory issues. Heidi joined White & Case in 2010.
Faculty of Law
Representation of Metso Corporation in the combination of Metso Minerals and Outotec under the name Metso Outotec, with the remainder of Metso, Metso Flow Control, becoming an independent separately listed company under the name Neles. The combination was completed on June 30, 2020, and implemented through a partial demerger of Metso, in which all assets and liabilities of Metso that relate to Metso Minerals transferred to Outotec in exchange for shares in Outotec issued to Metso shareholders, who hold approximately 78 percent of the shares in the combined company with the Outotec shareholders holding the remaining approximately 22 percent. Metso Flow Control remains owned by Metso shareholders and became an independent company named Neles Corporation.
Representation of ÅF AB in its €611 million recommended public cash tender offer for all issued and outstanding shares in Pöyry PLC. Together with the shares acquired by ÅF through market purchases, the shares tendered during the offer period, including the subsequent offer period, represent approximately 99.3 percent of all the issued and outstanding shares and voting rights in Pöyry. ÅF is an engineering and design company within the fields of energy, industry and infrastructure, based in Europe and operating globally with net sales in 2018 of SEK 13,975 million. Pöyry is an international consulting and engineering company serving clients across power generation, transmission and distribution, forest industry, biorefining & chemicals, mining and metals, infrastructure and water and environment.
Representation of Technopolis Plc, a Finland-based real estate group specializing in efficient and flexible offices and co-working spaces with shares listed on Helsinki Nasdaq, on a €730 million public cash tender offer by Kildare Partners, an international real estate investor.
Representation of Amer Sports Corporation, a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands, on the €4.6 billion voluntary recommended cash tender offer made by Mascot Bidco Oy, owned by investor consortium of ANTA Sports Products Limited, FountainVest Partners, Anamered Investments (an investment vehicle owned by Mr. Chip Wilson, the founder of Lululemon) and Tencent (investing through a FountainVest Fund), for all the issued and outstanding shares in Amer Sports Corporation. The shares tendered during the offer period, including the subsequent offer period, represent approximately 98.1 percent of all issued and outstanding shares and votes in Amer Sports Corporation. The transaction is the largest ever cash public tender offer for a Finnish listed company.
Representation of Danske Bank, Nordea and OP as coordinators and lead managers, and DNB, Handelsbanken and Swedbank as lead managers, on Stockmann plc's issue of €250 million senior secured notes due 2022 and a consent solicitation process regarding early repayment of Stockmann’s existing €150 million notes due 2018.
Representation of The Blackstone Group on its recommended public tender offer for all shares in Sponda Plc. With assumed debt, the total value of the transaction is €3.8 billion.
Representation of Neste Corporation on its issue of €400 million notes due 2024 and its related cash tender offers to the holders of its existing €400 million notes due 2019 and €500 million notes due 2022.
Representation of Kemira Oyj on its issue of €200 million notes due 2024 and its related cash tender offer to the holders of its existing €200 million notes due 2019.
Representation of Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. on its €571 million voluntary recommended public tender offer for all shares and stock options in PKC Group Plc.
Representation of Munksjö Oyj on the combination of Munksjö and Ahlstrom Corporation through a statutory absorption merger.
Representation of Tokmanni Group Corporation and its selling shareholder, the Nordic Capital company Cidron Disco S.à r.l., on the IPO and Nasdaq Helsinki listing of the shares in Tokmanni.
Representation of SSAB AB on its €1.1 billion recommended share exchange offer to Rautaruukki Corporation's shareholders, including the secondary listing of SSAB's shares issued as offer consideration on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Representation of Outokumpu Oyj on its €665 million rights offering.
Representation of Metso Corporation on its €1 billion partial demerger in which Metso's paper, pulp and power businesses were transferred to a newly-established company, Valmet Corporation. As a part of the transaction, the shares in Valmet were listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.