Helen is an associate in White & Case's Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group in the Houston office. Helen primarily advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, private equity investments, joint ventures, cross-border transactions and general corporate matters for upstream energy, midstream energy, renewable energy, and construction clients.
Prior to joining White & Case, Helen was an associate in the Houston office of another leading global law firm.
Helen graduated with honors from The University of Texas School of Law where she was an Articles Editor of the Texas Law Review and Co-President of the Asian Law Student Association.
Select illustrative representative matters include:
- Representation of Continental Resources, Inc. (NYSE: CLR), a top 10 independent oil producer in the United States, in its US$3.25 billion acquisition of certain entities and assets in the Permian Basin from affiliates of Pioneer Natural Resources Company (NYSE: PXD), one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in the United States.
- Representation of DIF Capital Partners, a leading global independent infrastructure investment fund manager, through its fund DIF Infrastructure VI, in its acquisition of Bernhard LLC, the largest privately owned Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) solutions company in the United States, from an affiliate of Bernhard Capital Partners.
- Representation of AutoLotto, Inc., a leading platform to play the lottery online, in its US$526 million business combination with Trident Acquisitions Corp. (NASDAQ: TDACU, TDAC, TDACW), a SPAC.
- Representation of Outdoor Holdings I, LLC and Kwik Tek Inc. d/b/a Airhead Sports Group, the #1 brand in the marine towable watersports and winter leisure activity product categories, on the sale of Airhead Sports Group to a subsidiary of Aqua-Leisure Recreation, LLC, a provider of outdoor branded products for recreational water sports and winter sports markets.
- Representation of the merger of two petroleum refining and marketing companies.*
- Representation of an exploration & production company in a structured overriding royalty interest transaction with an affiliate partner to result in proceeds of up to US$402 million.*
- Representation of an exploration & production company in the formation of a US$500+ million drilling partnership.*
- Representation of a blank check company in conjunction with its initial public offering.*
- Representation of the merger of two infrastructure and industrial services portfolio companies.*
- Representation of a private equity-backed company in the acquisition of upstream Bakken assets.*
- Representation of the buyer in the acquisition of three solar project companies in Texas.*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case.
Generic Financing Statements Under Revised Article 9: A Proposed Reform, 97 TEXAS L. REV. 1061 (2019).