Jakub Kutzmann is a real estate, transactional and compliance lawyer who obtained first-class local and cross-border professional experience while working on some of the biggest and most complex CEE transactions and other significant matters. He has unrivalled in-house experience in the real estate sector.
Jakub has also given lectures at the Warsaw School of Economics on corporate governance, risk and compliance management issues.
As a private practice real estate lawyer, he has been ranked since 2013 by the prestigious legal ranking publications Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 as one of Poland's top real estate specialists. In the Chambers and Partners ranking, Jakub was described as "very responsive, always helpful and works hard to solve any issue. He is a great lawyer and a boost to the team."
His most recent experience includes the following projects:
- South African investor: representation of a South African investor in connection with the acquisition of the largest Polish developer and related transactions.*
- South African investor: representation of a South African investor in connection with a number of retail acquisitions across CEE. Aggregate value of the transactions: over EUR 1.2 billion.*
- One of the largest CEE retail investors: frequent representation of one of the largest CEE retail investors in a number of real estate cases.
- Leading real estate investor and developer: representation of a leading real estate investor and developer in connection with the sale of an office building in a regional city in Poland.*
- International company: representation of an international company from the finance sector in connection with the lease of its Warsaw headquarters.*
- Hotel investor: representation of a hotel investor in connection with the purchase of real estate and ongoing re-privatization claims.*
- UK-based property fund: representation of a UK-based property fund in connection with the lease of its logistics portfolio and tenant related issues.*
- Investor: representation of an investor in connection with a PPP project regarding the development of a public parking garage and complex commercial building.*
- State-owned enterprise: representation of a state-owned enterprise in connection with construction matters regarding infrastructure investments including working on FIDIC contracts.*
- UK fund: representation of a UK fund on the pre-sale creation of four properties in Poland involving complex restructuring. Value of the transaction: in excess of EUR 100 million.*
*Transaction handled prior to joining White & Case.