Jun (Junyeop) Kim in as associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice, based in Seoul.
Jun advises Korean and global clients, including many of the largest Korean conglomerates and private equity firms, on cross-border M&A transactions, investments, strategic alliances and joint ventures.
Prior to joining White & Case, Jun was an associate in the New York office of another leading international law firm.
Bars and Courts
New York State Bar
Registered Foreign Legal Consultant, Korea
Harvard Law School
Economics and International Relations
University of Toronto
Examples of Jun's recent experience include representation of:
- KDB Investment, the private equity arm of Korea Development Bank, in its US$100 million investment in THINK Surgical, Inc., a California-based medical device company.
- Green Cross, a Korean biopharmaceutical company, in its US$73 million acquisition of BioCentriq, Inc., a New Jersey-based biopharma company engaged in contract development & manufacturing organization business, from New Jersey Innovation Institute, Inc., a New Jersey non-profit corporation.
- Lotte Corporation in its US$160 million acquisition of biologics assets in Syracuse, New York, from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and its establishment of Lotte Biologics.
- Hanmi Pharmaceutical in its US$20 million equity investment in Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, a US biopharmaceutical company.
- LG Chem, Ltd. and its battery affiliate, LG Energy Solution, Ltd. ("LGES"), in their US$51 million acquisition of a combined 2.6 percent stake in Li-Cycle Holdings Corp., a Canadian battery recycling company.
- BGF Retail Co., Ltd., the operator of South Korea's CU convenience stores, in its US$10 million Series C investment in Standard Cognition, a US company engaged in the business of providing autonomous checkout technology.
- LGES in its acquisition of NEC Energy Solutions, a US company engaged in the business of providing energy storage solutions, from NEC Corporation based in Japan.
- Brite Energy Partners, a Korean solar development and investment company, in its initial and subsequent sales of equity stakes to BlackRock Real Assets, an affiliate of BlackRock.
- Brentwood Associates in its acquisition of Parchment Inc. and related internal restructuring.*
- General Electric Company in the further restructuring of its relationship with and future separation from Baker Hughes, a GE Company (in particular, GE Digital LLC's acquisition of Asset Performance Management commercial teams and customer accounts from Baker Hughes, a GE company, LLC).*
- Thomson Reuters Corporation in its acquisition of Capital Confirmation, Inc.*
- Dow Inc. in its separation and spin-off from DowDuPont.*
- SS&C Technologies Inc. in its US$1.45 billion acquisition of Eze Software.*
- CVS Health Corporation in its US$69 billion acquisition of Aetna, Inc.*
*Experience prior to joining White & Case.