Justin Terada is an associate in the Corporate/M&A practice group and focuses his practice on international M&A transactions and other cross-border matters.
Currently managing the Firm's Japan Desk from the Frankfurt office, Justin supports Japanese companies in their activities in Europe. He was previously resident in the Tokyo office, where he represented Japanese companies in international transactions and assisted multinational clients in their transactions in Japan.
Justin began his career at a "Big Four" Japanese law firm and is fluent in Japanese.
- HighPost Capital, a leading private investment firm focused on the global consumer and consumer technology sectors, on its acquisitions of Centr, a personalized digital health and fitness platform curated by Chris Hemsworth and his team of internationally renowned experts, and Inspire Fitness, a leader in state-of-the-art fitness equipment.
- Panasonic Corporation on its acquisition of the remaining 80% of the capital stock interests of Blue Yonder, a leading end-to-end, digital fulfillment platform provider, at an enterprise value of US$8.5 billion on a cash-free, debt-free basis. This transaction adds to the 20% stake of Blue Yonder which Panasonic Corporation acquired in July 2020, also represented by White & Case.
- Japanese medical equipment company Canon Medical Systems Corporation on its agreement to establish a joint venture with leading Russian healthcare provider R-Pharm Holding, LLC
- Panasonic Corporation on its 20% strategic equity investment in Blue Yonder, a leading US end-to-end supply chain software provider with an estimated enterprise value of US$5.5 billion
- A public Japanese multinational engineering company in the sale of 20% of its stake in a US aircraft engine leasing investment company
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation in its acquisition of Skope Magnetic Resonance Technologies AG, a Swiss company specializing in data processing and image reconstruction for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- IHI Corporation and its wholly-owned subsidiary IHI Agri-Tech Corporation (IAT) in the sale of IAT's small-block diesel engine business to Caterpillar Inc. and its subsidiary Perkins Engines Company Limited
- Nabtesco Corporation on its acquisition of Ovalo GmbH, a privately held Germany-based company that develops high precision gears and mechatronic drive and suspension systems for automotive applications
- Nabtesco Corporation on its acquisition of privately held Germany-based auto compressor maker ITG Serienfertigung Fahrzeugteile and its affiliated auto compressor assembler ITG Kompressoren GmbH
- Nippon Paint in its investment in German automotive paint manufacturer Bollig & Kemper