Kimberly Sharp

Associate, London

Biography

Overview

Kimberly is an associate in the Firm's Global Intellectual Property Practice, based in London. She advises UK-based and international clients in the area of intellectual property (IP) and information technology, both on a standalone basis and as aspects of corporate transactions and wider commercial agreements.

She also advises on areas relating to EU and UK privacy and data protection, including data protection compliance under the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), implementing privacy policies and information governance.

She has spent time working in the Private Equity and Litigation departments in the London office and completed a six month secondment in the Firm’s Tokyo office where she worked in the Asset Finance department.

Before joining White & Case LLP, Kimberly completed her masters in International Business Law, with a focus on Cyberlaw and Digital Rights, Security and Privacy.

Kimberly completed her two-year training contract at the Firm and joined as an associate in September 2018.

Bars and Courts
England and Wales
Education
LLM
London School of Economics and Political Science
LPC
University of Law
GDL
BPP University
Languages
English

Experience

Advise a leading global financial institution on a regular and ongoing basis on a large variety of technology-related and other commercial agreements, such as outsourcing and services agreements, data procurement agreements and licensing agreements.

Representation of Zynga Inc., a social game developer, on its acquisition of the Finnish mobile game developer Small Giant Games Oy. Under the terms of the deal, Zynga acquired 80 percent of Small Giant Games for US$560 million, and will purchase the remaining 20 percent over three years at valuations based on specified profitability goals. Zynga is responsible for developing well-known games, such as Words with Friends, FarmVille and CSR2 Racing. The acquisition brings to Zynga a talented team who created the hit mobile game Empires & Puzzles.

Representation of Hong Kong listed client, H&H Group, on its acquisition of a UK luxury skincare company.

Frequently advises a variety of non-profit organisations on IP issues, specifically user agreements and licensing arrangements.