Lauri is an associate based in New York and a member of the Firm's Energy, Infrastructure, Project and Asset Finance Group. Lauri focuses on renewable energy project development and financing transactions.
Lauri also has over three years of experience as a disputes lawyer, representing private parties and sovereign states in high-stakes commercial and investment treaty arbitrations, including energy matters, as well as complex commercial litigation. Lauri has represented clients in international arbitrations before major arbitral forums, including ICSID, ICC, JAMS, and AAA. He also has experience in commercial litigation matters before US state and federal courts.
Lauri graduated from William & Mary Law School magna cum laude. At William & Mary Law School, he served on the board of the William & Mary Law Review as Lead Articles Editor.
Experience in project finance includes acting for:
- Representation of the lead arrangers and lenders in connection with a US$ 210 million refinancing of a portfolio of forty-four operating commercial and industrial solar power assets located in North Carolina and Oregon.
- Representation of the lead arrangers and lenders in connection with a US$ 464 million construction loan and tax equity bridge loan financing of four industrial solar power assets located in North and South Carolina.
Experience in commercial arbitration matters includes acting for:
- A international oil services company in an ICC arbitration in New York in a dispute with its joint venture partner over the construction and operation of two ultra-deepwater drillships, and involving parallel bankruptcy court proceedings in the U.S., Brazil and the BVI.
- A South American information and communication technology company in a JAMS arbitration and at the Southern District of New York in a contract termination dispute.
- An owner in an AAA arbitration and at the Northern District of Illinois concerning the construction of a flue gas desulfurization project at a power plant located in the U.S.
- A U.S. State in an AAA arbitration, at the Western District of New York, and at the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in a dispute over payment terms.
Experience in investment arbitration matters includes acting for:
- An Eastern European state in an ICSID arbitration under the ECT concerning a solar plant.
- The Republic of Uzbekistan in an ICSID arbitration under the Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan BIT concerning two cement plants.
Gambrell Professionalism Award, William & Mary Law School
Order of the Coif: Top 10% of Graduating Class