Manal Al-Musharaf is associate in The Law Office of Megren M. Al-Shaalan, with which White & Case practices in cooperation in Saudi Arabia.
Manal advises clients on a broad range of regulatory and corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions and capital markets. Manal's capital markets experience includes advising public and private issuers on a broad range of capital markets transactions including equity offerings, ongoing reporting obligations, IPOs and corporate governance requirements.
Before moving back into private practice, Manal previously held the position of Legal Director at the Public Investment Fund Mega Projects/NEOM Company, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, where she was involved in providing legal and regulatory advice on various matters relating to NEOM and other mega projects in the Kingdom including the design and preparation of the potential governance structure and legal framework related to NEOM Special Economic Zone.
Recent transactions include advising:
- stc on a sell-down by the Public Investment Fund (PIF) of a portion of PIF’s shares in stc amounting to six percent of stc’s share capital, through a Reg S/144A fully marketed secondary offering.
- Nayifat Finance Company (Nayifat) on its initial public offering (IPO) on the Saudi Stock Exchange, with the total IPO proceeds raising SAR 1.19 billion (US$317 million).
- HSBC Saudi Arabia, Morgan Stanley Saudi Arabia, and SNB Capital Company as Financial Advisors and Co-Underwriters on the initial public offering (IPO) of stc's information and communications technology arm, Arabian Internet and Communications Services Company's (Solutions by stc), on the Main Market of the Saudi Stock Exchange.
- Designing the end-state governance structure/framework of NEOM SEZ and the activation plan thereof;
- Designing and managing the NEOM Policy Project, which entail the preparation of policy papers related to NEOM various Sectors/Functions and the first set of laws;
- Drafting, revising and negotiating different types of agreements and memorandum of understandings including agreements with different governmental authorities;
- Leading the incorporation of the NEOM Company and Red Sea DevCo.
- running bid processes and drafting and negotiating concession agreements with bidders.