Marwan is a partner in the US private equity team in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. He advises private equity houses, infrastructure funds and other financial sponsor clients on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, co-investments and restructuring. Marwan has a particular focus on the infrastructure sector in the US and Latin America.
Representative matters include the representation of:
- I Squared Capital on its:
- Portfolio company's (American Intermodal Management) merger with FlexiVan Leasing, the third-largest marine chassis provider in the US.
- Acquisition of an equity interest in Oleoducto Central, S.A. (OCENSA) from Advent International. OCENA operates the largest crude oil pipeline in Colombia.
- Strategic partnership with Twenty First Century Utilities to pursue opportunities in the utilities sector in North America.
- Sale of interests in Kendall Green Energy, a cogeneration facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts, to Veolia Energy North America.
- US$340 million add-on acquisition in Kallpa SA and Samay SA, two power generation plants in Peru.
- US$1.3 billion acquisition of IC Power's Latin American and Caribbean businesses from Kenon Holdings Ltd.
- US$1.2 billion acquisition from Duke Energy of a portfolio of hydroelectric and natural gas generation plants, transmission infrastructure and natural gas processing facilities, totaling 2,300 MW in Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador and Argentina.
- Sempra Energy on its:
- US$ 3.59 billion sale of Peruvian businesses including its 83.6% in Luz Del Sur to China Yangtze Power International (Hongkong) Co., Limited.
- US$ 2.23 billion sale of Chilean businesses, including its 100 percent stake in Chilquinta Energía S.A., to State Grid International Development Limited (SGID).
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on its $500m minority investment in Mexican pharma business Sanfer.
- Vale S.A. (NYSE: VALE), a Brazilian mining company and the largest producer of iron ore and nickel in the world, in its $550 million acquisition of Ferrous Resources Limited, a mid-sized iron ore company also located in Brazil.
- Blue Water Energy LLP's portfolio company in a joint venture with NextEra to develop, operate and market mobile and onsite gas liquefaction technology in the US market.
- Pernod Ricard SA, the world's second-largest distiller, in its acquisition of Rabbit Hole Spirits, LLC, a US premium bourbon brand.
- Dominus Capital, L.P. a private equity firm based in New York, in the sale of W.F. Taylor, LLC to Meridian Adhesives Group. Taylor is a leading specialty flooring adhesives and sealants manufacturer with operations in Dalton, GA and Fontana, CA.
- GE Energy Financial Services in its acquisition of 49 percent of EGPNA Renewable Energy Partners LLC from Enel Green Power SpA. The partnership has assets in North America with 760 MW of generating capacity.
- Conduit Capital Partners in the sale to InterEnergy Holdings of a 55 percent ownership in Pedregal, a 55 MW diesel plant based in Pacora, Panama and a 100 percent interest in Jamaica Energy Partners and West Kingston Power Partners, which collectively operate three plants with 190 MW of diesel capacity in Jamaica.
- ACWA Power International in the acquisition of Jordan Dubai Capital's interest and Malakoff's interest in the largest power generation company in Jordan in two separate transactions.
Rising Star for M&A and Private Equity in the United States, Euromoney's Expert Guide, 2018
Recipient of a "40 under 40 Emerging Leaders Award", The M&A Advisor, 2018