Matthew E. Linder
Matt Linder is counsel in the Firm's Financial Restructuring and Insolvency Practice based in the Chicago office. Matt represents public and private companies, investors and other parties in complex business reorganizations, including traditional, prearranged and prepackaged chapter 11 cases, mass-tort bankruptcy proceedings, out-of-court restructurings and acquisitions of distressed companies. He has advised clients in various market sectors, including automotive, energy, financials, healthcare, industrials, mining, non-profit, pharmaceuticals, retail and railroads.
- 3M Company in the chapter 11 case of its subsidiary Aearo Technologies.
- Boy Scouts of America in its chapter 11 case.
- Mattress Firm, Inc. in its prepackaged chapter 11 case.*
- HCR ManorCare, Inc. in its prepackaged Chapter 11 case.*
- UCI International LLC in its chapter 11 case.*
- LDK Solar Co., Ltd. in its chapter 15 and related chapter 11 cases.*
- Rodeo Creek Gold Inc. in its chapter 11 case.*
- Murray Holdings Ltd. in its chapter 15 case.*
- Tribune Company in its chapter 11 case.*
Strategic Investor Representations
- New Residential Investment Corp., a publicly traded REIT managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group, in its $1.2 billion acquisition of the forward mortgage servicing business of Ditech Holding Corporation.*
- Central Maine & Quebec Railway, a subsidiary of Fortress Investment Group, in its acquisition of the assets of Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway, Ltd.*
- Fairway Resources Partners III, LLC a portfolio company of Denham Capital Management LP, in its acquisition from Samson Resources Corp. of oil and gas properties in the central Anadarko basin of Texas and Oklahoma.*
- Wanxiang America in connection with its acquisition of the assets of Fisker Automotive and A123 Systems.*
* Matters prior to joining White & Case.