Michael Byrd is a capital markets associate in White & Case's London office. He has experience representing companies and investment banks on a range of legal, regulatory, commercial and corporate governance matters relating to cross-border debt and equity offerings, acquisition financings, venture capital investments and other public and private financings. In 2016 and 2017, Michael was based in the Firm's Frankfurt office.
Advised Ukraine in connection with the following debt transactions:
- the Reg S/144A tap issuance of €1,250 million 4.375% notes due 2028 (2020);
- the Reg S/144A tap issuance of US$350 million 9.750% notes due 2028 (2019);
- the Reg S/144A notes offering of US$750 million 8.994% notes due 2024 and US$1.25 billion 9.750% notes due 2028 (2018); and
- the private placement of US$725 million zero coupon notes due 2019 (2018).
Commercial Bank of Dubai, 2019
Advised the arrangers and dealers on the update by CBD (Cayman) Limited of its US$3 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme guaranteed by Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C.
Saudi Arabia, 2019
Advised the managers on the issuance by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia of €1 billion 0.750% notes due 2027 and €2 billion 2.000% notes due 2039 under its 144A/Reg S Global Medium Term Note Programme.
Samba Bank, 2019
Advised the dealers and managers in connection with the following debt transactions:
- Advised the managers on Samba Funding Limited’s issuance of US$1 billion Notes due 2024 under its Euro Medium Term Note Programme (November 2019).
- Advised Citigroup as arranger and dealer on the establishment of Samba Funding Limited’s US$5 billion euro medium term note programme guaranteed by Samba Financial Group and listed on the Irish stock exchange (July 2019).
DP World, 2019
Advised the managers on Dubai-based global port operator DP World’s issuances of US$300 million Notes due 2048 under its Global Medium Term Note Programme, and US$1 billion Trust Certificates due 2029 under its Trust Certificate Issuance Programme.
Advised oil and gas drilling and production services provider ADES International Holding PLC in connection with its issuance of $325 million 8.625% senior secured notes due 2024.
Advised the lead managers in the €500 million 3.125% senior notes offering by Faurencia S.E. to finance the acquisition of Japanese electronics manufacturer Clarion.
Advised a CVC-owned acquisition vehicle in connection with its issuance of €650 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2025 and €650 million 6.750% senior secured fixed rate notes due 2025 to finance the acquisition of FIMEI S.p.A, majority shareholder of Recordati S.p.A.
Advised the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of €120 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2024 by Louvre Bidco SAS to finance the acquisition of competitor DSO SAS.
Advised the initial purchasers in connection with OCI N.V.'s debut offering of US$650 million 6.625% senior secured notes due 2023 and €400 million 5.000% senior secured notes due 2023.