Mike is a partner in our global M&A and Corporate practice based in London, focusing on private equity.
Mike advises private equity houses and other financial sponsor clients across all areas of the corporate practice, including public takeovers, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, joint ventures, and other portfolio assistance. He also acted for a number of management teams on their new equity arrangements when rolling into private equity structures.
Mike has a particular focus on the life sciences and healthcare industries, having represented clients on multiple transactions in those sectors.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Clinigen (a Triton portfolio company) on multiple transactions including:
- the sale of Lamda Laboratories to Adragos Pharma;
- the £167m sale of Proleukin to Iovance Biotherapeutics; and
- the disposal of a portfolio of cancer support products to CNX Therapeutics;
- Karo Kealthcare (an EQT portfolio company) on the $235m acquisition of Lamisil from Haleon;
- Evidia (an EQT portfolio company) on the acquisition of 4ways;
- Advanz Pharma on a number of transactions including:
- the $846m acquisition of Advanz by Nordic Capital;
- the acquisition of Correvio Pharm Corp; and
- the $450m acquisition of the non-US business of Intercept Pharmaceuticals;
- Triton on:
- the acquisition of OCU Group Limited, a leading UK multi-utility services specialist operating within regulated infrastructure; and
- its investment in Wavelynx Technologies, a leader in the field of secure and open mobile-first identity and access control solutions;
- Nordic Capital on the sale of Veonet.
- Ober Scharrer Gruppe (a Nordic Capital portfolio company) on the acquisition from CBPE Capital of UK eye surgery group SpaMedica;
- An investment consortium led by CVC Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition from the Recordati family of the holding company that owns a 51.8 percent stake in the Italian pharmaceutical group Recordati for approximately €3 billion (US$3.5 billion)
- Alvogen (a CVC portfolio company) on a range of matters
- Care Capital (one of the largest global investors in the dental sector) on the acquisition of Neoss, a manufacturer of dental implants
- Medcaptain Medical Technology on the acquisition from BTL Medical Technology of Penlon (a UK headquartered medical device manufacturer)
- The founders of Novalpina Capital in connection with its restructuring and liquidation
- Bud Financial on its Series A and Series B financing rounds;
- Regnology (a Nordic Capital portfolio company) on the acquisition of Vizor Software;
- Neighborly (a KKR portfolio company) on the acquisition of Pimlico Plumbers;
- Novator on the $425m disposal of CCP Games (the developer of EVE Online) to Pearl Abyss;
- Atlas Mara, Standard Trust Bank and the other selling shareholders on the sale of Union Bank of Nigeria plc to Titan Trust Bank;
- Management of Itiviti on sale to Broadridge.
- Management of Calastone on sale to Carlyle.
- Management of IFS and Workwave in connection with the sale by EQT of a controlling stake to Hg.
- Founders and management of Titan Wealth on the acquisition of a majority stake by Parthenon.