Mijin is an associate with the Project Development and Finance Group in Seoul. She advises sponsors and lenders on the development and financing of power, infrastructure and LNG projects.
Prior to joining White & Case, Mijin worked at POSCO, Korea's largest steel manufacturer, for eight years. Her work focused on business strategy, new project development and cross-border risk management. She also holds a master's degree in international economic law.
Mijin's experience includes representation of:
- A consortium of Korean investors in connection with an acquisition of a 49.9 percent cash equity interest in a portfolio of four wind projects in the US totalling 852 MW, located in Texas, Illinois and Nebraska. The consortium consists of Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd., Alpha Asset Management, Sprott Korea Investment, Hana Financial Investment and Korea Investment & Securities.
- A Korean government-owned power company in its potential joint venture investment in a solar power project in the US, including CFIUS review.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) in its acquisition and financing of a coal-fired power project in Indonesia.
- The financiers, including KEXIM and K-SURE, on a landmark US$3 billion first in class hybrid corporate financing to Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to develop the NLNG Train 7 Project.
- The financiers on a landmark US$20 billion project financing of Mozambique's first onshore LNG development, Mozambique LNG.
- A Korean government-owned power company in connection with the development of a power project in Vietnam.
- A Korean government-owned power company in connection with the development of a hydropower project in Pakistan.
- A Korean construction company in connection with advisory work in relation to a potential arbitration under an EPC contract.
- A Korean construction company in connection with a review of potential claims in relation to a power project.
- A Korean government-owned power company in connection with potential claims in relation to a power project.